Nutrition and Health Officer
Detailed Job description / requirements:
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. CARE has been operational in Nepal since 1978 and works in partnership with government and non-government stakeholders across the spectrum of humanitarian action and long-term development programs
CARE Nepal hereby invites applications, for the below mentioned position, from interested Nepalese candidates.
Nutrition and Health Officer, Suaahara II(Based in Rukum)
Nutrition and Health Officer (NHO) is responsible for implementing integrated nutrition and health activities leading towards achieving the goals of Suaahara II. In coordination with the health offices, provincial and local governments, NHO must ensure that high-quality nutrition and health activities are delivered to target populations across project intervention areas. NHO provides technical support to the district team and partner NGO in planning, implementation, monitoring and quality assurance of integrated nutrition & health activities and ensures integration of cross-cutting themes such as Social Behavior Change Communication (SBCC), Resilience and Gender Equality and Social Inclusion(GESI) across all project interventions.
NHO is responsible to provide similar support to program team and partners, advocating on the multi-sectoral approach targeting Health and Nutrition through Agriculture & Food Security, WASH and Governance across project scope of work. S/he will assist district and central team to design and implement project’s strategy, guidelines, and action plan and capacity development initiatives of staff and partners. S/he will support to ensure that the unique needs of women, men, girls, boys, minority groups and persons with disabilities are identified and responded throughout the project phase.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Nursing, Nutrition or relevant field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in the field of SBCC, GESI sensitive program development, implementation and mainstreaming GESI & Resilience in health and nutrition interventions with sound knowledge and experience in multi-sector nutrition in line with Multi-sector Nutrition Plan (MSNP) and Maternal Newborn and Child Health (MNCH).
- Experience with capacity building of NGO and staff, convening / facilitating trainings and workshops at national, sub national and district level and report writing.
- Experience of working with the health systems of Government of Nepal (GoN) and familiar with the current policies, strategies, guidelines and plan of GoN in relation to health and nutrition.
- Prior working experience in Suaahara program preferred.
Knowledge Skills and Competencies:
- In-depth knowledge on health (MNCH, ASRH and family planning), nutrition and GESI issues, national policies, plans and programs.
- Practical knowledge on GESI integration and monitoring tools in health and nutrition
- Knowledge and skills of research, analysis, documentation, report writing and dissemination with communication skills (Nepali and English), interpersonal skills, and team work and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with staff and stakeholders.
- Ability to develop capacity building frameworks, training manuals, work plans and communication materials
- Ability to deal with situations and issues proactively and persistently; able to contribute effectively to a culture that positively values the diversity of people, values and ideas within CARE Nepal
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with excellent in computer typing in both Nepali and English languages.
- Ability to travel in the field in any parts of the districts with driving license of 2 wheeler (motorbike)
Interested candidates are encouraged to visit our website at www.carenepal.org and complete the application process. Detailed job description is available in our website. The last date for submitting the application is 17:00hrs, November 28, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.
“CARE Nepal is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates of diverse background, women and differently abled, to apply”
CARE places human dignity at the centre of its relief and development work. At the heart of CARE’s efforts to impact poverty and social justice is its engagement with marginalized communities, and vulnerable adults and children. Vulnerable adults and children are particularly at risk of sexual exploitation and abuse. CARE commits to the protection from sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse (PSHEA) of vulnerable adults, involving CARE Employees and Related Personnel. CARE has a zero tolerance toward sexual exploitation and abuse and child abuse. CARE takes seriously all concerns and complaints about sexual exploitation and abuse and child abuse involving CARE Employees and Related Personnel. CARE initiates rigorous investigation of complaints that indicate a possible violation of this policy and takes appropriate disciplinary action, as warranted.