Municipal Field Support Officer
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Scope of Work
USAID Tayar Nepal - Improved Disaster Risk Management Project
Municipal Field Support Officer
Position: Municipal Field Support Officer
Type of Employment: Long Term Technical Assistance
Level of Effort: 130 days (6 months)
Period of Performance: On/about August 1 to February 28, 2021
Base of Operations: Chandrapur, Lalbandi, Ghorahi, and SunwalMunicipalities
USAID/Nepal’s Tayar Nepal– Improved Disaster Risk Management Project (Tayar Nepal) is strengthening the capacity of Nepal’s national and sub-national institutions responsible for disaster risk reduction, preparedness and response. Nationally, Tayar Nepal works with the newly created National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Authority (NDRRMA) and other disaster risk reduction and management (DRRM) entities to improve how national-level systems and institutions address to all types of risks caused by natural hazards and technical disasters. Locally, Tayar Nepal works in target municipalities to enhance local DRRM capacity by working with existing and new local bodies and communities to identify and implement successful DRRM initiatives which are consistent with national level policies and guidelines
Component 3 is Tayar Nepal’s rapid response mechanism designed for rapid activation and mobilization in the event of a disaster. While originally conceptualized for use in the event of a large natural disaster such as earthquake or flood, USAID plans to activate Component 3 to enable the project to support the NDRRMA in its response to the Covid-19 pandemic which has taken hold in Nepal. The first task order is expected to focus on the following objectives:
- Prepare municipalities for the socio-economic impacts of the Covid-19 crisis
- Pilot replicable livelihood and economic support activities
- Mobilize financial resources to address urgent recovery needs
To implement the six month early economic recovery activity in Chandrapur, Lalbandi, Ghorahi, and SunwalMunicipalities, Tayar Nepal will engage and work with a Municipal Field Support Officer to facilitate and implement municipal level activities. This position will work closely with Municipal Field Officer to oversee the implementation in the field, include engage with municipal level stakeholders such as municipal authorities, local organizations, private sectors, community leaders, etc., monitor grant and subcontract implementation, collect data and provide regular reporting.
To support, facilitate and oversee project implementation in municipal level include manage and monitor the program implementations such as grant implementation, subcontract and consultant works, and provide technical input as required, collect data and provide regular progress report to the project.
Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
The Municipal Field Support Officer will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Work closely with Field Officer to undertake day-to-day operations, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of activities in municipality in coordination with respective municipality, stakeholder and Tayar’s partner organizations (grantees, subcontractors, and consultants).
- Work closely with Field Officer and the Component 3 team for coordination with the municipality office for various needs such as selection of beneficiaries for cash for work and cash voucher, development of municipal plan for economic recovery, etc.
- Monitor cash for work schemes, ensure the grantee maintaining proper data of cash for work
- Collect/support collection of primary data in the field that needed urgently by Tayar Team
- Work with field officer to facilitate municipal level activities implemented by Tayar Nepal project directly or through grantees, subcontractors and consultants
- Support Tayar’s communications and outreach team for outreach, communication and dissemination related activities, collecting success stories, taking photos, etc.
- Other duties requested by Field Officer, Field Team Director, Task Order Manager, COP and DCOP.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Rural Development, Sociology/Anthropology, Development Studies, etc.)
- 5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in working with municipalities and local stakeholders (local government officials, women’s organizations, CBOs/local NGOs, media, civil society and communities, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with local communities, vulnerable and most vulnerable groups, civil society, and other stakeholders
Location and Reporting
The Municipal Field Support Officer will be based in (Chandrapur, Lalbandi, Ghorahi, and Sunwal) Municipalities, will work under the direct supervision of the Field Team Director and in close coordination Field Officer and with component 3 technical team,cross-cutting, and operations teams.
Please refer to www.jobsnepal.com for detailed scope of work. Interested applicants should submit a CV and cover letter to TayarRecruitment@dai.com by July 18, 2020. Please mention the position and the location in the subject line of the email you are applying for.
Women, persons with disabilities, and applicants from marginalized and disadvantaged communities are encouraged to apply.