Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Position Description: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist
LOCATION: Kathmandu, Nepal
DEPARTMENT: Human Rights, Education, and Empowerment
REPORTS TO: Deputy Chief of Party, Equity and Inclusion in Education Activity
Winrock International is recruiting applicants for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist for the anticipated U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) project “Equity and Inclusion in Education” Activity in Nepal. The project will support the Government of Nepal in reducing the number of out of school children and improving learning outcomes for marginalized students. It will provide targeted support to municipalities to implement evidence-based interventions that are driven by the local context in agreed upon provinces. The position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding.
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.
In coordination with the Chief of Party, the MEL Specialist will design the project’s Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning MEL plan. . S/he will be responsible for the development and day-to-day management of a monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system to track project performance framework, indicators, and targets to measure progress toward project objectives and expected results. The MEL Specialist will ensure quality routine data collection, data entry, data analysis, and timely reporting, under the project Performance Measurement Plan. S/he will oversee routine data quality assurance exercises and participate as needed in M&E with the focus on improving monitoring systems, data quality, and data use at project sites. Coordinating closely with project staff, partners, and other key stakeholders, the MEL Specialist will oversee the analysis, interpretation, and tracking of all program data and documents. The MEL Specialist will facilitate the development and dissemination of lessons learned, best practices, and other project deliverables through pause and reflect and other structured learning practices.
- Provide technical leadership in the development and updating of the project’s MEL plan
- Lead day-to-day implementation of all M&E related activities under the project MEL Plan
- Provide support for the recruitment of consultants and temporary field staff for M&E related activities
- Contribute to the development of quantitative and qualitative tools and implementation of robust context-appropriate systems for data collection, quality assurance, analysis, and reporting on activity outputs/outcomes and program quality
- Conduct data collection, entry, verification, analysis, and reporting on actual achievements against set targets, highlighting emerging patterns and offering clear reports on findings and conclusions
- Operationalize a project collaborative learning and adapting (CLA) approach by leading its implementation as per the MEL plan
- Ensure data quality, integrity, and security standards and procedures are in place and are aligned with country national monitoring and evaluation guidelines, protocols, information, and reporting systems
- Engage with partners and local stakeholders to monitor the progress and success of activities
- Design a reporting system that ensures data flow and utilization and provides insights on activity performance and areas, contributing towards strategic decision- making and project planning with project leadership
- Work closely with project leadership, including partners and local stakeholders, to develop, implement, and monitor the implementation of a robust learning agenda for continuous learning, collaboration, and adaptation to further the project’s learning agenda
- Contribute to the development and sharing of information and knowledge products with all relevant stakeholders in a timely manner
- Contribute to annual workplan preparation in the design of M&E activities.
- Bachelor's degree in monitoring and evaluation, education, demography, social science, mathematics, economics, or relevant discipline
- Significant study in international development and/or program monitoring and evaluation
- At least 6 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E in development projects implemented by national/international NGOs, preferably in education
- Demonstrated understanding of and expertise in USAID funded MEL plans and reporting
- Demonstrated experience in designing tools for data collection, analysis, and production of reports
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing data using statistical software
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and ability to articulate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Must have demonstrated mentoring and facilitation skills and the ability to network and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders
- Advanced cross-cultural sensitivity, including experience working and communicating with professional and support staff in a multicultural, multi-linguistic environment; ability to promote an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect
- Ability to travel throughout Nepal (in compliance with Covid-19 restrictions).
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams, and SharePoint
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Nepali
The annual salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits offered.
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. Winrock recruits, employs, trains, promotes and compensates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.
At Winrock we have a clear mission: Empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity and sustain natural resources through unwavering dedication to accountability, equity, innovation, integrity, and transformation.
Winrock knows that its success comes from the hard work and steadfast dedication of its diverse workforce. Winrock remains committed to maintaining diversity, inclusion and equity across the entire organization
For more details and application please follow the below link: