Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
Detailed Job description / requirements:
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking an experienced professional to support the Cereal Systems Initiative for South Asia (www.csisa.org) project funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the US Agency for International Development. CSISA is CIMMYT’s flagship for sustainable intensification in South Asia and incorporates programming across the innovation to impact continuum in Nepal, Bangladesh, and selected states in India.
Position title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
Reference No: N20156
Duty station: Nepalgunj, with frequent field travel (subject to mobility restrictions and risk assessment due to COVID-19)
Major duties and responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the Project Manager and MEL Lead and, provide guidance to CSISA’s field team
- Implement an integrated Monitoring and Evaluation Plan, including application of digital Data Collection Tools for measurement against the project indicators and targets and identifying lessons learnt
- Ensure consistency of the monitoring & evaluation system and tools to ensure USAID compliance
- Build capacity of project staff in the use and content of the Monitoring and Evaluation tools
- Help to plan, operationalize, and implement the project MEL system in collaboration with the Project Manager, Project teams, partners and the MEL team.
- Mentor and oversee field team to increase their skill on MEL issues
- Oversee data collection process and timely data requiring and quality control
- Ensure flow of quality information for report preparation
- Track project data through ongoing data tables shared with technical team on a monthly basis
- Identify noteworthy success stories to be highlighted by the project communications teams
- Inform the project leader and project manager on progress towards targets
- Support in data analysis, presentation preparation and updating MEL Plan
- Assist in the development and revision of annual work plan, and M&E strategies for the project
- Plan, support and execute the project learning document preparation
- Lead quantitative and qualitative reporting efforts for semi- and annual-reports to USAID
- Support Project Manager in different activities with multi project support approach
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Master’s degree in Agri-economics/ Science/ Statistics/ Geography or similar discipline
- At least 3 years of experience in a leadership role – preferable at least 2 years in USAID funded projects focusing MEL activity.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages, GIS, ODK, Kobo, and statistical analysis packages.
- Experience with survey development, statistical sampling, telephone surveys, and data analysis
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Prior knowledge of MEL system Survey designing, analysis and interpretation and FtF indicators.
- Level of English language required: Communicate effectively with colleagues and external contacts on routine work-related matters.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Strategic Thinking, Problem Solving, Decision Making, Communication and Team Work.
Candidates must send their CV and cover letter to Recruit-Nepal@cgiar.org no later than November 30th, 2021.
Please include position and reference number in the subject of your email.
Incomplete applications (without CV, cover letter and reference) will not be taken into consideration.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.