Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager
Equal Access International (EAI), www.equalaccess.org– is a non-governmental organization (NGO) headquartered in Washington, D.C, working in the partnership with communities around the world to co-create sustainable solutions, utilizing community engagement and participatory media and technology. With funding from bi-laterals, multi-laterals, foundations, and individual donors, EAI has a 20-year track record implementing social change projects around the world and currently operates through 12 country programs across Asia and East and West Africa.
EAI Nepal is seeking highly qualified candidates for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager to lead overall MEL efforts across all EAI Nepal projects and to provide technical leadership, oversight and strategic direction for all MEL activities of EAI Nepal.
The MEL Manager will report to the Country Representative of EAI Nepal.
Specific duties and tasks includes:
- Provide overall leadership and direction on the MEL components to ensure the projects of EAI Nepal achieves its goals and objectives.
- Lead EAI's research based projects in close coordination with the international and local research partners of the project. This includes hiring and training of enumerators, drafting field operations manual, setting-up and manage safety plans, management and supervision of data collection team in the field, ensuring data quality through appropriate data verification procedures, coding and analyzing data and leading data analysis as required, in collaboration with PI of the study.
- Identify information requirements of project components concerning planning, monitoring and evaluation and oversee the development and implementation of the Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP) in line with the requirements to capture project performance and results, including developing and administering baseline and end line assessments, and all monitoring tools for process and outcome evaluations.
- Oversee and/or conduct targeted evaluations, including design, data collection, management and analysis.
- Design and undertake rapid / snapshot surveys as required.
- Lead efforts to design and utilize cost effective activity monitoring processes/systems to track and monitor the activities lead by the local project partner organizations.
- Assist the EAI Nepal Country Representative in preparing periodic reports on the activities/projects by leading results reporting and providing written documentation on MEL activities and indicator based results for progress/final reports, as appropriate.
- Undertake field visits to project targeted locations on a periodic basis, to ensure compliance with operational procedures and assess progress.
- A master’s Degree or higher in human resources, social science, statistics, economics, public policy, in a field related to the scope of work,
- Minimum 7 years of relevant professional experience in monitoring and evaluation of development programs,
- Proven experience in management of research projects and expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, operations research, management of information systems, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentation
- Understanding of Interactive Voice Response mechanisms, social media platforms, and media program production will be considered an asset.
- A track record of working with international organizations, including international research / academic organizations, and a good knowledge of NGOs and other local development agencies is preferred.
- Experience in conducting research on sensitive issues / working with sensitive data, including violence against women and girls, will be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated outstanding leadership, strategic thinking, organizational, team-building, and representational skills
- Excellent verbal, written interpersonal and presentation skills in Nepali and English language
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS
EAI is an equal opportunity employer. EAI welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities (EEO) for all employees and applicants seeking employment. Additionally, harassment or discrimination based on these characteristics will not be tolerated at EAI.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter outlining your experience to email@example.com, with "MEL Manager- EAI Nepal” in the subject line of the email, no later than 05 July 2021. We will review applications as they are received.