- Company: Janahit Gramin Sewa Samittee
- Industry: Non Governmental Organization (NGO)
- Address: Chautara
- Public Health
- Full Time
- 2+ years
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Janahit Gramin Sewa Samiti (JGSS) is a Sindhupalchowk based NGO, registered in 1992, is pioneer in conducting economic development, social mobilization, local governance, poverty reduction, health, and sanitation and hygiene promotion programs in the district.
JGSS, in partnership with Oxfam, is implementing Nepal Earthquake Recovery program in Sindhupalchok. The project aims to provide assistance to population of the most vulnerable and poor, earthquake affected population of district through the restoration of WASH facilities and promotional activities, Shelter, DRR, food security and vulnerable livelihood and gender and protection. In order to execute the project activities in Sindhupalchowk, we are hiring competent staffs for the following positions.
JOB TITLE: Public Health Promotion (PHP) Officer
JOB PURPOSE: To deliver the public health promotion humanitarian recovery in respective assigned and working rural municipality/municipality of Sindhupalchok.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES :
- BPH or MPH with at least two years of practical experience in community mobilization and appropriate community health and sanitation programs.
- Good understanding of the health and hygiene risks of IDPs, poor rural and urban communities and of appropriate ways of tackling them. Must be aware of and sensitive to the particular needs of women in the context.
- Capacity building of project team
- Assessment, analytical and planning skill.
- Confident communicator and willingness to work in collaboration with others and respectful to the community.
- Take responsibility for own work and delegated project/processes (including some leadership)
- Good written and spoken English and Nepali is essential.
- Computer skill and Report writing skill is must.
Candidates fulfilling the criteria mentioned above may send in their complete Curriculum Vitae (CV), a cover letter, a passport size photo by 10th April 2018 before 17:00 hours to the address mentioned below.
Janahit Gramin Sewa Samittee, Chautara, Sindhupalchok, or email to: email@example.com. Contact Number: 011-620435, Candidates from respective district and females are highly encouraged to apply.