- Company: Collective Campaign for Peace (COCAP)
- Industry: Non Governmental Organization (NGO)
- Address: Anamnagar-32, Anammarga
- Social Science
- Full Time
- 2+ years
- Graduate (Bachelors)
- Please check in vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Collective Campaign for Peace (COCAP) is a national network of peace and human rights non-governmental organizations in Nepal. It started as a loose, informal forum in June 2001 and was registered with the government of Nepal as a nonprofit and non-political network in December 2002. Currently, COCAP has 43 member organizations. It has a large number of volunteers who actively involve themselves in the various aspects of its works.
COCAP used to have five regional secretariats in the past. With the application of Federal structures, COCAP is also going to establish its provincial offices in all the seven provincial headquarters. For smooth and effective functioning of the secretariats, COCAP seeks application for the position of Provincial Focal Persons.
Post Title: PROVINCIAL FOCAL PERSONS (No. 7)
Duration: One year with possible extension
- Biratnagar (Province 1)
- Janakpur (Province 2)
- Hetauda (Province 3)
- Pokhara (Province 4)
- Butwal (Province 5)
- Surkhet (Province 6)
- Dhangadhi (Province 7)
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop annual and quarterly work plan and budget of the province
- Frequent visit, coordination and technical support to member organizations (MOs) including proposal writing, translations, arranging workshops/discussions and conducting orientation sessions
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual report to meet the reporting requirements
- Fundraising for provincial office
- Financial Reporting
- Communicate regularly with provincial committee, national secretariat, MOs and donors
- Establish working relationship of COCAP and its member organizations with CSOs, GOs and I/NGOs working in the province
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in social science or any other related field
- Two years of relevant working experience, preferably within an I/NGO environment
- Fluency in English and Nepali with strong writing and speaking skill
- Good command of MS office applications
- Good networking and coordination skill
- Sound knowledge and understanding of human rights, peace, democracy and social security issues of Nepal
- Knowledge on Financial Management
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications along with i) a cover letter and ii) an updated curriculum vita with names and contact details of two referees by email to: email@example.com.
Candidates are also requested to mention their expected salary in the application and indicate clearly in the subject line which province they want to apply for. The deadline for application is April 6, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed for further selection process. The selection process will be held in Kathmandu.
Women, Dalits, Janajatis, Madhesis, people with disabilities, COCAP volunteers and other minorities are especially encouraged to apply.
Preference will be given to local candidates.