- Company: SAHAS Nepal
- Industry: Non Governmental Organization (NGO)
- Address: Sahas Nepal, P O. Box 8975, EPC1590, Lalitpur, Nep
- Information Technology
- Full Time
- 1+ years
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Group of Helping Hands (SAHAS) Nepal is a non-profit making non-governmental-organization established in 1996 by a team of professional development workers, who for many years had been involved in Rural Development Programs. The organization has since then successfully implemented various projects in the sectors of sustainable agriculture and food security, natural resource management, climate change, community empowerment, social mobilization, lobby and advocacy, civic education, disaster response and reconstruction and infrastructure (water, sanitation, roads and bridges) development. At present, the organization runs sixteen different projects covering seventeen districts of Nepal.
SAHAS Nepal is looking for the highly potential candidate for the following position for CDM-POA on Community based Green Energy Project in Nepal, which is currently implementing in Udayapur, Sindhuli and Makwanpur districts.
Position: IT Database Management Officer
Duration: 2 years
Job Purpose: The Data Management Officer is responsible for carrying out the project assigned and institutional tasks, particularly related to database management under the supervision of Project Coordinator.
Main duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement data management plans
- Maintain the data management system, especially Tristle data base and monitoring solution and timely monitor its operationality
- Perform and document procedures for data preparation including data cleaning, standardization and analysis
- Train the field staffs on data management system and data entry procedure
- Oversee the data entry performed by field staffs
- Carry out monitoring visit during data collection and data entry to minimize the errors
- Regularly back up data
- Be responsible for quality control procedure (including, but not limited to, random phone calls to check visits, and also checking data entry quality)
- Timely report the update to PC and management team about the progress
- Troubleshoot data submission errors and data error issues
- Support office staffs on maintaining and resolving networking related issues
- Assist PC in the preparation of report and presentation of data, when applicable
- Contribute to overall development of organization
Academic qualification and experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT related field, preferably to IT database management system or any relevant subject with at least 1 year experience in data management projects.
- Highly motivated, willing to learn, good team work, service-oriented and able to work under high pressure and within a limited time frame
- Professional use of personal computer utilizing word processing, spreadsheet software programs
- Applicable knowledge working with statistic databases such as MS-Excel, SAS, STATA, SPSS etc.
- Familiar with SQL Programming and server system.
- Proficient in communication and writing skills
Interested applicants are requested to send cover letter together with a CV in English to SAHAS Nepal office, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “IT Database Management Officer Application”, no later than April 21 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.