Detailed Job description / requirements:
Asha Nepal is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) working with women and children whose lives have been disrupted by the horrific act of gender based violence with focus on trafficking, domestic violence, rape and sexual abuse, HIV/AIDS, and child labor/domestic slavery. Through prevention, rescue, education, rehabilitation, and healthcare, Asha Nepal works to improve the lives of women and children. The purpose of Asha Nepal is to assist the survivors of violence, women, children and families to rebuild their lives socially, emotionally and economically enabling them to enjoy lives of safety, independence and dignity as valued members of their community and society.
Asha Nepal is working to raise the social, economical and educational status of these women and children to help them break free from the vicious cycle of abuse and violence.
Position: House Mother (Residential)
Duty Location: Dhapasi, Tokha, Kathmandu
No. of positions required: 2
- Keen to work with children from various background with no judgemental attitude
- Should have 2-3 years working experience with children from disadvantaged background
- Physically and Medically Fit
- Must be literate with Nepali and numeric reading and writing
- The applicant should be 30+ years old minimum.
- The applicant will be living in the Family Based Care Home for 6 days per week. Accommodation and food is provided.
- To ensure that the child is taken care of in an excellent manner such as clean, healthy, well-groomed hair, well-dressed, and well cared
- To ensure that homely environment is provided
- Always strive to provide a high level of service to the children in the care of the organization while using the available resources and means.
- To manage all the activities related to the children's school by coordinating with the social workers.
- To plan and conduct activities as per the need of children
- To manage simple accounting of house expenses
- To inspect the whole house on daily basis
- To assist in conducting monthly meeting in coordination with House Manager and Social Worker.
- Attend parent meetings at children’s respective school and report to Social Worker
- Organizing weekly meetings with children with the help of Social Workers and keeping monitoring.
- To escort children to the hospital for check up and follow up
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position. The staff shall perform additional professional duties as required and assigned by the organization.
Qualified and interested individuals may send their applications with current updated CV, names of two references and a letter of interest for the position immediately to the address: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org before 15th September 2021.
Please clearly specify the applied position in the subject of the email and provide the expected salary in the job-application.