Founded in 1960, Tdh helps to build a better future for disadvantaged children and their communities, with innovative approached matched to practical and sustainable solutions.
Active in more than 30 countries and in Nepal since 1985, Tdh develops and implements projects to allow a better daily life for children and their close relatives, particularly in the domains of health and protection. Tdh is financed by individual and institutional donors, with 87% of funding directly benefiting programs and the children Tdh works with.
All of Tdh’s work and commitments with governments, communities and children is provided without any re
click here to view more company profile...
Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) is a Child protection focused Swiss INGO that has been active in Nepal for 33 years. Tdh Nepal delegation is seeking a qualified and dynamic Nepali National for the following position:
Head of Programme (Deputy Country Representative)
Reporting to: Country Representative
Work Station: Kathmandu with travel throughout Nepal as required
General responsibilities (Overall purpose):
- Provide strategic leadership, programme and operational management to Tdh’s country programme in Nepal in line with Tdh’s global strategy.
- Represent the delegation in relevant forums and work groups
- Lead the development of the Programme incl. developing projects and proposals
- Manages and closely supports the Programme team and build their capacities
- Ensure the quality of programme in terms of planning, monitoring, implementation and partners management, impact, efficiency and reporting including donor compliance and requirements
Specific roles and responsibilities:
1.Programme strategy, leadership and representation
- Overall strategic and technical leadership in the design, development, planning, budgeting, and implementation of the delegation’s Programme and projects.
- Represent Tdh in key external platforms as appropriate and manage Tdh’s relationships with relevant programme stakeholders.
- Participate in the annual budget process, leading the programme budgeting process
- Support to develop and manage Tdh’s institutional funding strategy
- Coordinate with Tdh Headquarter on relevant issues
- Deputise for the Country Representative during his/her absence
2.Lead programme development and delivery
- Ensure the delivery of a programme with quality, relevance, demonstrable impact and be accountable for overall programme quality and learning
- Oversee the development of project improvement plans, to ensure effective and timely implementation of the projects
- Identify opportunities for funding; lead to prepare and develop concept notes, project proposals to potential donors in close coordination with the programme team
- Build and develop an approach to programme quality, knowledge production and management
- Compile monthly reports of the operations under his/her responsibility in line with Tdh requirements
- Act as a spokesperson for selected advocacy topics at the national level.
3.Team management and HR development
- Build a high-performance culture in the programme team.
- Provide high quality leadership and support to the Coordinators/Managers and programme team as appropriate
- Ensure that staff members are given opportunities for development and training, as discussed and agreed, and provide support to the capacity building planning for programme positions.
Education / Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Management, Development Studies, Sociology or related disciplines.
- Influencing experience and ability to develop networks and build alliances.
- Experience of managing development programming, campaigning and advocacy, humanitarian and other interventions in INGOs.
- Experience of working with donors.
- 6+ years of experience in a mid/senior management position / similar position
- Experience of programme management on Child labour, Migration, Health, WASH and DRR themes is an asset.
- Manages time and priorities, meets deadlines and is punctual
- Communicates in a clear, concise and responsible way
- Solid understanding and experience of PCM, Theory of Change, project design
- Strong team management and project management skills
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills; able to understand complex issues and translate them into simple, workable actions and plans
- Coordination, networking and negotiation skills.
Excellent command of English and Nepali language (written and spoken)
Good computer literacy & skills, including online collaboration tools.
Salary and benefits: As per Tdh’s salary scale; the salary and benefits are commensurate with academic qualification, experience and competency plus provident fund, gratuity, health insurance package, children education and communication allowances.
Starting date: January 15, 2019 or to be agreed.
Deadline for application: No application deadline for this position, recruitment is open until the position is filled.
If you are interested to apply for the position, please follow this link:
All employees of Tdh must adhere to the Tdh child protection and risk management policies. Prior to appointment, a thorough background check will be made to ensure the successful candidate is suitable to have contact with children.
Tdh promotes workforce diversity. Women, people with disabilities and candidates from minority or disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed. No telephone queries will be entertained. The recruitment and selection procedures of Tdh reflect its commitment towards child protection. Tdh reserves the rights not to select any of the candidates.
|Please check vacancy details|
|22 Nov, 18|
|22 Dec, 18|