Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Nepal Participatory Action Network (NEPAN) is an association of individuals and institutions with a goalto promote participatory development and peoples' empowerment in Nepal. Founded in 1995 by a group of PRA development practitioners with the support of the internationally-recognized development scholar, Prof. Dr. Robert Chambers, NEPAN has used advocacy, extension services, publications and capacity building trainings to establish itself as a resource center for promoting participatory approaches in development interventions. NEPAN has conducted research and grassroots projects with the goal of increasing the participation of marginalized communities in Nepal’s development, specifically with senior citizens, women, children and people with disabilities. NEPAN continues developing strong relations with several government ministries, international NGOs and CSOs to advance inclusive participation in Nepal. NEPAN has been involved in numerous research projects over 20 years, launching awareness and advocacy efforts, regular publications and research tools, as well as engaging in the field work in various marginalized communities in Nepal.
NEPAN seeks a competent and committed candidate for the following position:
JOB TITLE: Executive Director (ED)
GRADE:Executive Level Manager
LOCATION:NEPAN Headquarters, Kathmandu, NEPAL
SUPERVISORY LEVEL REPORTING TO COORDINATION WITHProject Staff, Core Staff and volunteers NEPAN Board, NEPAN Founders, NEPAN individual and Institutional members, and with NEPAN donors, stakeholders and program team
The post holder will work closelyon all matters relevant to the function of the ED including strategic planning, management and coordination of NEPAN activities. Following are the key responsibilities that a incumbent is supposed to carry out;
- Implement NEPAN's strategic policies and programs.
- The overall management of NEPAN's secretariat, its resources, staff, and volunteer.
- Manage the NEPAN Resource Center and information dissemination by mobilizing staff and NEPAN members.
- Establish Annual Performance Management Plan, monitoring and review system of NEPAN's core and Project staff.
- Ensure financial and program accountability.
- Develop, strengthen, coordinate and implement research, studies and projects applying the participatory approach toward transparency, good governance and inclusive development for sustainable development.
- Implement ongoing projects and develop future program/projects.
- Network, linkage, liaison- promote the image and reputation of the organization.
Key qualifications and competencies:
- Master's degree in Management, Sociology, Rural Development or relevant field from a recognized University.
- Minimum of five years of work experience in a similar capacity, preferably in I/NGOs.
- The candidate must have an innovative thinking with strong people-oriented traits and high team spirit.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment, maintain confidentiality and discretion
- A good written and oral communication skill with proficiency in English and Nepali language.
- The candidate must be a Nepali citizen.
- Preference will be given to a driving license holder.
Please click on the link for detail job description:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit via email Curriculum Vitae together with a cover letter and names/contact details of two referees to email@example.com. Please, write 'Application for ED' in subject line while sending your documents. Applications will be assessed against the required skills, experience and aptitudes set out above. Applications will be accepted up to 19 February 2019 by 5 pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|Administrative / Management|
|Please check vacancy details|
|04 Feb, 19|
|19 Feb, 19|
|NEPAN Headquarters, Kathmandu, NEPAL|