Governance and Resource Management Lead, Karnali Water
Detailed Job description / requirements:
POSITION DESCRIPTION POSITION TITLE: Governance and Resource Management Lead, Karnali Water Security Activity (KAWAS) LOCATION: Kathmandu, Nepal GROUP: Clean Energy, Environment and Water
REPORTS TO: Deputy Chief of Party, KAWAS
Winrock is seeking aqualified Nepali candidate to serve as Governance and Resource Management Lead for an anticipated USAID-funded project in Nepal to create healthy, resilient, and water secure communities at the watershed level through strengthened water and sanitation governance that improves water resource management (including water for ecosystems), enhances sustainable access to drinking water improves agriculture water management and promotes fecal sludge management. The Governance and Resource Management Lead will report to the Deputy Chief of Party. This position is contingent on receipt of donor funding.
- Develop and implement project’s strategy to strengthen governance for sustainable resilient management of water resources.
- Lead team to review existing policies acts, and regulations for water resource management at the national and local level.
- Establish an institutional mechanism for knowledge exchange and coordination for watershed management at all three government levels.
- Oversee provision of training and technical support to local governments to develop a water allocation plan and city-wide integrated sanitation plan.
- Work with community-level water committees (water user committees, water group associations, etc.) to identify needs to revitalize and reform gender and other social group equitable governance systems.
- Develop and modify as necessary the technical work plans and budget.
- Coordinate activities with other agencies and closely collaborate with key staff on implementing activities.
- Ensure technical compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
- Ensure women and marginalized groups are integrated into governance and resource management activities as beneficiaries.
- Work closely with Winrock’s project management staff in the US to ensure effective, timely and coordinated project implementation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of a Masters Degree (or foreign equivalent) in international development, law, urban planning, international relations, or other directly-relevant fields (a bachelor's degree and at least 12 years' experience may be substituted).
- At least 7 years of experience in donor-funded project management of which at least 5 years' experience with technical and/or operational issues related to capacity building of government and community groups and knowledge management.
- Experience in management roles on complex contracts for USAID is strongly preferred.
- Experience working in Nepal required.
- Demonstrated competence in negotiation and communication.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Financial management skills and experience.
- Sound knowledge of international donor contracts, financial and accounting regulations and procedures, particularly USAID contract regulations.
- Ability to build coalitions and networks that can provide synergies and sustainable solutions for the project.
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (Microsoft).
How to Apply
Interested candidates should follow the link given below within October 29, 2019.
Governance & Management Lead: