Detailed Job description / requirements:
Rural Development & Environment Management Society (RUDES) is non-government Organization working in Baitadi district science 2002 in the field of Trans boundary Rivers of South Asia (TROSA) Hygiene Behavior Change Coalition(HBCC), Building Economic Resilience (BER), School WASH/ Disaster Risk Reduction and livelihood. We required experienced and qualified Nepali nationals for the following positions to implement the Hygiene Behavior Change Coalition (HBCC) program funded by OXFAM Nepal in Baitadi District.
1. Job title: Gender Officer
2. Number 1
Duty Station: RUDES Office and all selected community of Dasharatha Chand Municipality.
Hygiene and Behavior Change Coalition (HBCC) is a one year project started in April 2020 with aims to sustain improvements in hygiene and health behaviors to limit the spread of COVID-19 and to promote gender norms that contribute to the equal distribution of hygiene and health related care work among women and men. This programme is part of the UK Department for International Development’s (DFID) and Unilever’s initiative to urgently tackle the spread of coronavirus, which is bringing together a coalition of UK and international NGOs to support activities including hygiene behaviour change programmes. In Nepal, this program is being implemented in 10 districts; Saptari, Kanchanpur, Baitadi, Lalitpur, Sindhupalchowk, Banke, Dailekh, Surkhet, Kailali and Dadheldhura through 10 local partners.
- To promote gender-sensitive awareness-raising by sharing real experiences of handwashing through video clips, for example by interviewing a person who has been exposed to the virus and recovered in partnership with the health sector. The lived experience of these individuals (with their consent) will help people to gain an accurate understanding of COVID-19 and these messages will be shared through local radio, mobile messaging, social media and local service providers.
- To lead in implementation of the HBCC project, specially output 3 and 4 of the project with close coordination and cooperation with Public Health Officer and guidance of Project Coordinator of the HBCC project.
- Transformative change for women and adolescent girls project in project operation areas. Under guidance of Executive director, the post holder plans, implements and monitors transformative change for women and girls related program at field level.
- Gender Officer reports to: Project Coordinator, HBCC project
- Close Coordinate and team work with: Public Health Officer (PHP), HBCC
- Lead and Implement HBCC activities with close coordination with PHP and PC
- Take lead to organize district- community level training, workshop and meetings.
- Take lead to mobilize MMH champions and take Initiations to successfully celebration of 16 days campaign against gender based violence (25 Nov to 10 Dec 2020 and international women’s day (8th March 2021)
- Participate as organizational representation and coordinate with relevant inter agency to agree and develop coordinated framework and mechanism within the field location.
- Prepare & submit the final concept notes, monthly report and progress reports
- Supervise and provide technical support to MMH chaimpaign for the implementation of the MMH, gender and care work sessions in community
- Work closely with Oxfam to ensure planned activities are achieved in time and report as required.
- Mentor and coach the office teams, MMH campaign in gender, gender norms and care work
- Take sessions on gender, care work, gender norms, safeguarding and protection as per required.
- Frequent field visits and conduct activities of HBCC, specially the training, interaction, radio program/TV program quality assurance, support MMH chaimpaign to conduct focused group discussion/meeting in community with maintaining protection measure for avoid COVID transmission
- Ensure the proper implementation of the activities and target fulfilment.
- To ensure that gender specific indicator and activities are developed in all programs
- Conduct regular field visits with maintaining protection measure for avoid COVID transmission
- Perform other tasks as necessary in agreement with reporting manager to fulfill the project objectives as required.
Qualification, Skills and competence
- Bachelor degree (preferably Masters) in social science/gender studies with 2 years of experience in gender and social sector.
- Experience and understanding of community mobilization in relation to gender, care work and women empowerment activities.
- Have sound knowledge on gender, gender norms, care work, COVID 19 issues.
- Proven experience of successful capacity-building of field staff and team.
- Strong planning, analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Strong communication, reporting and documentation skills
- Travel frequently to program locations, sensitize sector agencies on gender and women's rights. mobilize the project staff, related stakeholders and beneficiaries to fulfill the intended objectives according to project document.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural team across different geographical locations, including providing remote support to field teams/ when required.
- High level of adaptability and initiative.
- Represent organization at different levels of meetings, workshops, and any other forum as and when necessary.
- Strong willingness to work in COVID 19 Situation.
The candidate is required to spend at least 80% in field and 20% in district office for the documentation and reporting.
Suitable candidates are requested to submit their application and CV in following address by 27 October 2020. Only short listed candidates will contacted.
The Executive Director RUDES Baitadi
Dasharatha Chand Municipality Ward No. 4,
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org