Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Specialist
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Published Date- Sep 18, 2020
International Development Enterprises (IDE) Nepal, an International NGO involved in a market-driven agricultural development program in Nepal is recruiting as a Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Specialist, its Central Office, Lalitpur immediately. Qualified candidates are requested to submit their application along with recent CV and photograph mentioning expected salary.
Please find below detailed TORs of the positions. Interested and qualified candidates are required to fill up the google form, for form click the link https://forms.gle/yVU8V5pgehC7cX2A6. The deadline for submission of application is 5 PM of Sep 28, 2020. As per gender and workforce diversity policy of iDE, female candidates and/or candidates from disadvantaged communities are highly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further process. No telephone enquiries will be entertained.
Terms of reference for Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Specialist
The Feed the Future Nepal Integrated Pest Management (FTFNIPM) project, a three-year (2019-2022) USAID/Nepal funded activity, is seeking a Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Specialist. The GESI Specialist will oversee the implementation of FTFNIPM’s GESI Action Plan; ensuring FTFTNIPM’s activities engage with the relevant gender and/or social issues, constraints, and/or opportunities.
The goal of FTFNIPM is to strengthen the capacity of Nepal’s agricultural system to safely, effectively, and sustainably respond to and manage existing and emerging threats to plant health. Collaborating with ongoing USAID/Nepal activities, FTFNIPM will support inclusive transfer and adoption of IPM technologies and packages for the FTF focus value chains of vegetables, maize, rice, and lentil across the ZOI (25 districts in provinces 3, 5, 6, and 7).
The GESI Specialist will lead gender and social inclusion initiatives for FTFNIPM. The GESI Specialist will report directly to the Chief of Party, but will also collaborate closely with the project’s Senior Technical Specialist and MEL Coordinator. The GESI Specialist will be FTFNIPM’s immediate source of technical assistance to support the inclusive scaling of IPM packages, knowledge, and products, but will be supported by the IPM IL’s Gender Specialist, who will support the GESI Specialist with: conducting FTFNIPM’s GESI Analysis, developing GESI-focused assessments and evaluations, and designing CLA tools to permit FTFNIPM to transform information on gender and social-based disparities into decision-making that reduces barriers that negatively impact women, men, and other marginalized groups.
- Work with the technical guidance and support from IPM IL’s Gender Specialist to lead and implement FTFNIPM’s comprehensive GESI component that will specifically for implementation of GESI-focused activities during Year 2 and Year 3.
- Oversee implementation of FTFNIPM’s GESI Action Plan and revise it as necessary during implementation based on learning.
- Oversee integration of gender equality and social inclusion in all project activities
- Review and provide input to work plans, technical reports, and other deliverables to ensure GESI integration.
- Lead the development of capacity-building programs that will enable scaling partners (USAID implementing partners, private sector individuals and enterprises, and professionals from Nepal’s AES) to implement GESI-responsive strategies.
- Document successful program activities and methodologies for gender integration, youth engagement, and social inclusion through the development of resources and training guides.
- Coordinate with FTFNIPM’s Chief of Party and the IPM IL’s Communications Coordinator to develop success stories and other knowledge products; document FTFNIPM’s approaches and activities addressing GESI issues linked to IPM and pest management, including lessons learned and recommendations.
- The IPM IL’s Gender Specialist will collaborate with the GESI Specialist and other members of the technical team to develop MEL and CLA tools contextualized for FTFNIPM that will allow FTFNIPM staff to assess how FTFNIPM activities are addressing the needs and priorities of women, youth, and marginalized groups, and document the extent to which women, youth, and marginalized groups are able to actively participate in and benefit from training activities.
- Master's Degree in a relevant field in the social sciences (development studies, rural development, women and gender studies, sociology, anthropology) or Bachelor’s degree with substantial relevant experience is required. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years-experience working to address gender, youth, and/or social inclusion issues in the agricultural sector.
- Demonstrated experience conducting gender integration programing.
- Demonstrated ability to foster commitment and build capacity among program staff and in-country actors to ensure gender and social inclusion integration and empowerment.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation, conducting focus groups, semi-structured interviews, and surveys.
- Experience facilitating trainings for staff and beneficiary populations is required.
- Ability to write coherent and analytical reports is required.
- Strong inter personal and communication skills required.
- Prior experience with USAID project, procedures, policies and reporting requirements is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with computer-based Microsoft software (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Spoken and written fluency in English required.