Detailed Job description / requirements:
A NGO working on issue of sub-national governance in Province-2 invites application from eligible candidates for the following position:
Finance Officer – 1 (Janakpur-based, 25% Kathmandu)
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree (preferably Masters) in a relevant subject and at least 3 years working experience with INGO/NGO administrative and financial management. The candidate should have good command in FAMAS accounting software packages.
JOB TITLE: FINANCE OFFICER
Function of the position:
- The Finance Officer position has been established in line with the need for a strong institutional response for effective and efficient financial management within the agreed policy guidelines
- The Finance Officer will ensure to operate financial system of the project smoothly and all good governance requirements are effectively fulfilled.
- The Finance Officer will provide additional responsibilities of providing needful support to Central Office (CO) in the areas identified as and when required.
The main areas of responsibility will include:
- Maintain books of account and ensure standard documentation of each of organization’s transaction.
- Carry out budget preparation and revision, monitoring, and analysis in a periodical basis.
- Maintain and update organization’s regulations and the existing policies.
- Assist the external auditor during organization and project audit and follow up auditor’s recommendation.
- Undertake monitoring and provide necessary support to Central Office for the effective and efficient financial management of the project in the district, province and centre;
- Support procurement management process through development of annual procurement plan and maintaining documentation process;
- Support for the management of project activities through timely release of funds, confirmation of accuracy of documentation and timely settlement of advance;
- Manage assets register, carrying out physical verification of assets according to financial management rules and regulations and ensure accuracy of non- recurring items stock book;
- Support in staff management including preparation and maintenance of personal file of each of project’s staff members and manage leave record accordingly;
- Support for the preparation of periodic financial report and its presentation in the organization;
- Support in the management of routine organizational financial task through verification of invoice payment and accuracy, and salary disbursal, etc as and when required;
- Develop and maintain relationship with donors/partners, banks, vendors, line agencies, communities, organizational staff, central and district committee members in order to facilitate good financial management system and practices.
- Provide day-to-day project administrative support to Project Coordinator
The Finance Officer will report directly to the Project Coordinator and Executive Director.
- Bachelor degree in Management/Commerce or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in Financial Management ideally in development sector
- Understanding of GON rules and regulations, acts and policies regarding non-profit/social sector associations and good knowledge of non-profit sector financial management
- Experience with accounting software packages preferably FAMAS
- Able to use computer to run office application software packages
- A willingness to travel frequently often to remote areas.
- Excellent written and spoken in English and Nepali.
- Good communication and negotiation skills, with an aptitude for external representation and networking.
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Interested candidates can apply by email along with expected salary in cover letter, updated CV, address and names of at least two referees by 11th May, 2021 to:
The Executive Director
Women, Madheshi, Dalits, Janajatis and members of other disadvantaged groups are highly encouraged to apply.