S.W. Nepal Private Limited (http://www.swnepal.com.np/) is a national consulting firm to enhance the development results working together with government institutions, development agencies and private sector. In doing so, SWN aims to bridge the policy, research and implementation gap in Nepal through capacity building, policy influencing and applying sustainable solutions. The company values include a) enhancing the outcomes from the investments b) building stronger partnerships at local, national and international levels c) building itself as a responsive and accountable company and d) promoting ethical practices at work and undertaking business. The company demonstrates its commitment towards ethics and fair policy in its dealings with clients.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
SW Nepal Pvt. Ltd.
Terms of Reference for Finance Manager
S.W. Nepal Pvt. Ltd. (Scott Wilson Nepal/ SWN) is a wholly Nepali-owned multidisciplinary research and development consulting service provider operational since its registration with the Government of Nepal in 2000. The firm provides sustainable, innovative and cutting-edge solutions to organizations, institutions, governments and private sector clients by helping them to overcome challenges through planning, research, management support, capacity building and policy promotion. Please visit for more details on the firm and our services.
This is a long term institutional position and based in Kathmandu office located in Panipokhari/ Maharajgunj area (). The overall purpose of Finance Manager is to oversee the financial activities, financial reporting, client coordination, budget and tax planning as well as supporting executive management team in offering insights and financial advices that will allow them to make the best business decisions for the company.
Detail Job description and requirement
- Prepare and interpret monthly financial reports (income and expenses, three months cash flow, project profitability statement, P/L account, balance sheets, reconciliation etc.)
- Develop financial systems, tools and procedures to align with that of partner organisations, donors and government organisations
- Control cash flow and expenditure
- Develop and manage financial systems and tools
- Coordinate and liaise with external donor and government clients on invoicing and financial issues
- Perform financial analysis, tax planning, business development plan
- Provide training to other sections on finance compliance and other necessary jobs.
- Liaising with external auditors and tax agents
- Coordinate and timely tax filing at Inland Revenue Department
- Undertake research into pricing, competitors and factors affecting performance
- Refresh standard costs and provide proper support and guidance to the bidding team
- Review the financial policies and compliances
- Conduct risk analysis and prepare control pla
Qualifications and experience
- Masters Degree, with major in finance or accounting with minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- At least 3 years working in development sector
- Having knowledge of financial and procurement policies and compliances of Aid Organisation
- Able to apply analytical and innovative tools successfully to produce creative and valuable solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in diverse team environments
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Package
Contract type: Full-Time,Long Term Employment Contract
Report to: Chief Executive Officer
Department: Admin and Finance Department
Location: Central Office in Mahrajgunj, Kathmandu
Expected start date: As soon as possible (expected to join by mid-July)
Salary: Negotiable as per the experience and company policy
How to apply
If you are interested, please email your CV before 25th June 2019.
Only shortlisted candidate will be called for further consultations.