People in Need is a Czech NGO that provides relief and development assistance in over 20 countries around the world, while at the same time working to defend human rights and democratic freedom. In the Czech Republic PIN also works on social integration and provides educational activities. Formed by the leaders of the Czechoslovak velvet revolution and conflict journalists in 1992, PIN works as an independent humanitarian organisation at home and abroad providing relief where it is needed, and empowering civil society at home and abroad.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Position: Finance Assistant
Based in: PIN Nepal mission, Kathmandu
Reports to: Finance Manager
People in Need (PIN) is a non-governmental, non-profit, international organization founded in the Czech Republic in 1992. PIN arrived in Nepal as part of a humanitarian response to the April 25, 2015 earthquake. Since its inception in Nepal, PIN has had a strong role advocating and addressing the needs of marginalized populations. This includes people who live in geographically remote areas of Nepal, people who are from historically marginalized ethnic groups, and those marginalized because of their age and/or gender identity (women and girls). More recently, PIN has also supported Nepal's post-earthquake reconstruction efforts ensuring that the most vulnerable people are not left behind. PIN is strongly committed for safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults, including people with disability, in line with its safeguarding framework and child protection policy
Finance Assistant will be performing following responsibilities.
- Responsibilities for the Cash register ( KTM petty cash )
- Responsibility for the KTM petty cash box and entering cash vouchers into Navision.
- Responsibility for correctness and sufficiency of the respective accounting documentation (receipts, PIN forms) which is going to be paid/reimbursed.
- Following mission financial security guidelines and other internal policies ( e.g. approving process )
- Preparing regular cash counts (cash reconciliation)
- Clearing PIN staff’s advances
- Translation of documents from/to English if needed
- Responsibility for cash planning and holding sufficient cash balance for smooth projects implementation.
- Adhere to PIN Code of Conduct and key policies including Child Protection Policy and Safeguarding Policy.
Administrative and Financial Support
- Scanning and uploading all cash documents in ELO
- Assistance on Checking financial report of PIN’s Local partner Organization
- Any other tasks as assigned by the line manager
Required skills, knowledge and experiences
- Bachelor’s degree in related field ( Finance, Accounting or Economics )
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in administration or finance
- Outstanding communication skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word
- Good organizational skills and ability to work in stress
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Attention to detail, with an ability to spot numerical errors
- Knowledge of Nepalese taxation
- Ability to work on accounting software
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply through this APPLY FOR THE JOB before 5 pm, 8th December 2019. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted immediately. No phone calls will be entertained.
PIN promotes equal opportunities. Women, Janajati and Dalit candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.