Finance and Supply Chain Management (SCM) Trainee
Detailed Job description / requirements:
World Vision is a child focused relief, development and advocacy organization that has contributed to transformation in the lives of millions of children around the world in vulnerable situations. We are driven by Christian values to serve children and families regardless of their religion, age, gender, ethnicity, class and caste. WVIN wants to create increased opportunities for youths of Nepal, especially former Registered Children of WVIN, to develop expertise in community-based, integrated development and organizational management in the work context of WVIN. Therefore, anyone who meets the following criteria can apply for an opportunity to learn as a trainee in World Vision International Ne
1. Position: Finance and Supply Chain Management (SCM) Trainee (One) - based in Urban Program Office, Lalitpur (Until Sep 2021)
Key Responsibilities: The purpose of this traineeship is to assist Supply Chain Management (SCM) Coordinator in overall Financial, Procurement, and Supply Chain administration such as financial record keeping and accounting, checking financial and supporting documents to release suppliers’ payment and employees claim, processing petty cash payment, filing and documentation, assets, and inventory management and procurement administrations. The trainee aims to learn and develop practical skills in financial, procurement, and supply chain processes and procedures in WVIN’s context by working together with assigned teams/individuals as per assigned tasks and assisting to achieve WVIN’s goal. The trainee is also expected to support other functions (MEAL, Finance etc) of Urban Program Office as per the need.
Being a trainee at WVIN means you will have:
- A dedicated supervisor to support your professional learning.
- A learning plan to support your career goals.
- An opportunity to gain practical work experience in your area of interest.
This traineeship programme is suitable for you if you have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university in any field of study and if you :
- Have clear personal vision for future career development.
- Are self-motivated, confident and willing to learn and apply new concepts and ideas.
- Are willingness to commit on World Vision’s Vision, Mission and Core Values.
- Are willing to work with poor and marginalised communities in remote areas.
- Are able to work effectively and sensitively in the cultural context of Nepal.
- Are looking to launch your career and gain professional experience with an international NGO.
- Are willing to commit to a five months full time traineeship programme
The project will target to include maximum of former registered children of WVIN and they will be given more priority in the selection.
Candidates fulfilling the criteria mentioned above may send in their complete ‘Curriculum Vitae (CV) with statement of purpose’ by 20 April 2021 before 17:00 hours to the email, address mentioned below. Please click for more details: https://tinyurl.com/JD-WVIN"
World Vision International Nepal is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourage former registered children of WVIN and candidates of diverse background, women and differently abled, to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be called for the subsequent selection procedure.
WVIN reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.
People & Culture Department
World Vision International Nepal