Finance and Administration Officer
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Farmer focused transformation
For inspiring and creative professionals
with a passion for cooperatives
focused on impact
We are AgriterraNepal. We are a fully owned subsidiary of Agriterra, a Dutch agri-agency that provides business development services to ambitious cooperatives and farmer organisations in developing and emerging economies. We assist the cooperatives and farmer organisations with advice and training by locally based business advisors and by deploying practitioners from the Dutch and international farmer organisations and (cooperative) companies; the so-called AgriPool experts. We apply a three-track approach: we make cooperatives bankable and create real farmer-led companies, we improve extension services to farmer members and we enhance farmer-government dialogues. Our advisory practice covers the full range of services on Management &Organisation, Financial Management, Governance, Business Development and Lobby & Advocacy.
Agriterra works from local offices in 21 countries world-wide. Agriterra has had its local office in Nepal since 2016. Currently, we are a team of 6 business advisors, 5 locally based and 1 from the Netherlands. We are collaborating with 15 primary agricultural cooperatives and farmer organisations in different parts of the country.
We work with self-steering teams,so our employees are challenged to use every bit of determination, creativity and strategy to achieve our compelling goals. Being a self-steering organisation makes Agriterra an inspiring and challenging environment for professional growth and development.
For more information, visit our website www.agriterra.org
Agriterra Nepal is recruiting a:
Finance and Administration Officer (f/m)
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
As a finance and administration officer, you will be responsible for efficient and effective running of the logistics and administrative operations of Agriterra Nepal. This includes the efficient handling of the financial and human resources administration in order to contribute to the company objectives. To achieve this, your attention to detail is excellent and supporting others is your second nature.
- Monitor and register all financial transactions for Agriterra Nepal.
- Monitor all invoices and payments to contractors to ensure compliance to contracts and reconciliation of payments vs budgets.
- Quality checks all financial transactions to ensure proper coding and recording.
- Administer the staff payroll system and file all Agriterra Nepal’s statutory returns with relevant government ministries and agencies.
- Liaise and maintain effective relation with Inland Revenue Office (IRO), Office of Company Registrar (OCR) and Department of Industries (DoI).
- With the support of the team and country representative, develop quarterly cash flow projections for submission to the team and HQs.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annually financial statements for the company, including revenues vs. expenditures and net cash positions.
- Prepare the year-end financial accounts for audit and liaise with the auditors prior to sign-off.
- Support the team in the development and submission of country financial metrics.
- Work with the team in budget and report preparation for existing and new projects.
- Any other financial activities which are “in line off” the previous mentioned ones
- Organise the logistic preparations for missions, events and client visits. This includes arranging transport and accommodation for staff and visitors and negotiating competitive rates when organising events.
- Assist the team with contract preparations and development in close coordination with the concerned business advisors and country representative.
- Support in keeping the Agriterra Information Network up to date, generate needed overviews to keep the team planning on track.
- Maintain an up-to-date Human Resources file.
- Where needed develop and maintain a good digital and manual filing system.
- Any other administrative activities which are in line with the previous mentioned ones.
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting from a reputable university.
- At least two years of work experience in accounting, financial management and administration.
- Knowledge of and proven experience with financial management systems
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Office tools, mainly Microsoft Excel.
- Prior experience at a financial department of a non-governmental organisation or an international non-profit organisation is an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, interpersonal skills, flexible, cultural sensitive.
- Willing to take up additional assignments if needed.
- Open mind with a supportive/service-oriented attitude.
- Willingness to travel, sometimes to remote locations within Nepal.
What we have to offer
A position that requires you to be highly self-reliant and use your pioneering skills in order to operate in dynamic international markets and in close cooperation with the agricultural business sector. At AgriterraNepal, the work environment is collegial and ambitious, and the focus is on achieving impact. As a finance and administrative officer, you will be working under the direct supervision of the manager agri-advice. The working conditions and additional benefits are good.
Are you interested?
Are you interested in this position and do you fit the profile? Apply before14th April 2021 with a cover letter and curriculum vitae, by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. The email should be addressed to the HR, Agriterra Nepal.
If you require further information, you can also contact us by sending an e-mail.