Finance and Admin Support
Practical Action is a change making organisation that works in unconventional ways. We put ingenious ideas to work so people in poverty can change their world. We do things differently, so answers that start small can grow big - bringing people together in bold collaborations, using innovation and knowledge to build futures free from poverty and help shape a world that works better for everyone.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
POSITION: Finance and Admin Support
TYPE OF A POSITION: Project-based junior consultant
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
Responsible to: Finance Manager– Practical Action Consulting, Asia Office
Line Manages: NA
Unit: Consulting Finance & Services
Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
PAC is a research arm of an international development organization ‘Practical Action’. PAC operates its research and innovations in three change ambitions of Practical Action- farming that works, energy that protects, and resilience that transforms. The goal of PAC is to make the world that works better for everyone. PAC in Nepal has worked in all 77 districts of Nepal through its assignments in different change ambitions. PACNepal isAsia region office of global PAC and has its footprint across different countries- Nepal, India, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Tajikistan.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
A Finance and Admin Support will be a position of junior consultant that will be based on the Kathmandu office who will report to the Finance and Contracts Manager of the assignment and/or representative of a project team. S/he shall be responsible for the following:
Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Support to ensure compliance of Financial Policy and Procedures.
- Take appropriate measures to avoid financial fiduciary risks.
- Support in preparing monthly financial report on time for consultancy/assignment.
- Processing of client invoices and in coordination with Finance Manager if required.
- Support to administer and monitor the financial system in order to ensure that the finances are maintained in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support in account keeping and vouchering.
- Support in bank and vendor reconciliation.
- Be updated on financial transactions and taxes.
Contract Management and Tracking
- Support in compliance of consultancy procurement, policies, and regulations of clients.
- Support for preparing and processing financial settlements from selected implementing partners.
- Support in project budgets review and interact with relevant stakeholders/vender on need basis.
- Support to prepare sub-contracts.
- Support to maintain and collect timesheets.
Administration and Services
- Support to ensure compliance of procurement and inventory management
- Support to establish effective internal control system
- Assist in other official works as instructed by line manager.
Requirement and qualifications
- Have completed at least a bachelor’s degree in management (or final result awaiting). Candidate having knowledge in accountancy and administrative services will have added advantage.
- Be able to write reports, minutes, and briefs in English and Nepali languages (added value).
- Willing to visit outside Kathmandu.
- Have understanding on the current local government’s structure and governance system.
- Be able to coordinate with vendors for organizing meetings and logistics.
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- Having work related experience not more than 2 years.
- Good knowledge on computing skills and accounting software
- Strong communication, analytical and report writing skills with fluency in spoken and written English
- Enthusiasm to work with a multi-disciplinary / cross cultural team
- Willingness and enthusiasm for working with rural and vulnerable communities living in remote areas of the country
Period of Engagement and fees
The mode engagement will be monthly basis starting from April 2023 to March 2024 (12 months). The fees and benefits shall be based on the negotiation.
Youth from indigenous, disadvantage, marginalized, and vulnerable communities are encouraged to apply.
Application: Send your updated CV and a cover letter to Pac.Asia@practicalaction.org.np by 27 March 2023.
Modes of selection: Shortlisting and interviews.
|Category||Finance & Administration|
|Position Type||Full Time|
|Education||Bachelor's in Management, Bachelor's degree in a related field|
|Posted Date||22 Mar, 2023|
|Apply Before||27 Mar, 2023|