Finance and Admin Officer
FAIRMED is a Swiss development organization dedicated to work with its motto “Health for the Poorest”. The organization plays an important role in providing health care access to the marginalized communities and individuals who are prone to diseases, disability, and poverty. The core focus of FAIRMED's work in Nepal is Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) – Leprosy, LF, Kalaazar, etc and Maternal and Neonatal Health (MNH), while it interweaves GESI and Disability Inclusive Development (DID) as cross cutting themes into its programs to strengthen the health system and increase the uptake of public health services. FAIRMED identifies most marginalized, discriminated and/or vulnerable populations through mapping pockets of high endemic NTD’s. FAIRMED Foundation Nepal is collaborating with No Leprosy Remains (NLR) in implementing a research project to evaluate the effectiveness of Single Dose Rifampicin Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (SDR-PEP) in four districts of Province 1 (Morang & Jhapa as intervention districts and Sunsari & Udayapur as control districts). This is a retrospective cohort study that involves collection of both primary data (from the examination of contacts to screen for Leprosy) and secondary data (reported by the health service records).
Detailed Job description / requirements:
FAIRMED in Nepal is planning to implement a project aiming to improve health and well-being of communities in three districts (Jhapa, Morang, and Sunsari) of Koshi Province. The project applies the approach of “leaving no one behind” and plans to strengthen integrated health service delivery and its utilization in the targeted districts.
In order to support the project implementation, FAIRMED is looking for a Finance and Admin Officer based in Biratnagar.
The position is responsible for overall management of project’s Finance and Administrative matters including logistics and procurement. The specific job responsibilities for the position include:
- Basic financial transactions & book keeping, Voucher raising, and preparing the periodic Financial reports in close coordination with Finance Manager.
- S/he will be responsible for addressing day to day financial issues, prepare periodic budget forecast, expenditure analysis and preparing periodic reports as per the requirement of the project.
- S/he will be responsible for the monitoring of financial transactions, budget burnt rates within FAIRMED and partner organizations.
- S/he will guide the project team about the financial regulations of the government, including tax and audit regulations.
- Prepare procurement plan and ensure all procurement are timely carried out,
- Timely update of inventory records
- Ensure frequent evaluation of suppliers and quality of supplied goods and services, ensure the security of office related equipment and supplies are maintained.
- Ensure proper use of office assets/equipment, vehicles, motorcycles etc.
- Maintain log book of motorcycles and vehicles.
- Ensure proper servicing, timely renewal of insurance policy and road tax etc.
- Logistic arrangements (ticketing/vehicle hiring, hotel booking, training/workshop venue booking etc.) as per the need of the project.
- At least Bachelor’s degree in Business Studies/Business Administration majoring in Accounting/Auditing
- At least 4-5 years of experience in finance and admin.
- Prior experience in development projects will be advantageous.
- Committed to rights based and gender sensitive work, committed and with strong finance and admin skills.
- Commitment to basic workplace values and policies.
- Work according to the objectives of organization and donors.
- Able, willing and committed to work with people of different backgrounds.
- Contribute constructively to a working environment based on mutual respect, trust and commitment.
- Able to cope with stress and work under difficult circumstances.
- Have high regards towards accountability.
- Having 2 wheeler driving license is compulsory.
Deadline for Application Submission: March 26, 2023
Application Submission: Interested Nepalese candidates are requested to fill up the google form in the link below.
Form Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Wevh8Irr_j6CsliZMutv7Iz-vDjzn2HIbs-kKQCDz4Y/edit
Females, candidates from marginalized communities are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Telephone inquiries will not be entertained.
|Category||Finance & Administration|
|Position Type||Full Time|
|Position Level||Mid Level|
|Posted Date||17 Mar, 2023|
|Apply Before||26 Mar, 2023|