Detailed Job description / requirements:
iDE is a global organization that advances market-based approaches in agriculture; finance; and WASH to create income and livelihood opportunities for low-income rural households. iDE has worked in Nepal since 1992. iDE is recruiting various positions for the CSISA COVID-19 Response and Resilience Activity (2021-2023), a buy-in program under the USAID-funded CSISA project in Nepal.
The CSISA COVID-19 Response and Resilience Activity mainly aims to support rapid response and resilience-building from the second wave of COVID-19 in Nepal’s agri-food systems. Key areas of intervention will focus on provision of access to finance for micro small- and medium-scale agricultural input and services provision businesses, recovery, and response in the postharvest value chain, with emphasis on financial products to benefit businesses involved in perishable farm product marketing and distribution, and expansion of digital banking services supporting socially distanced agricultural finance transactions. Emphasis will be placed on reaching smaller businesses that are verified to be women-owned or operated with specialized loan products. In addition, the intervention will focus on sustaining agricultural mechanization services through geographical expansion to new districts in which CSISA is not currently working on COVID-19 response, while also working to increase national food security and bolster agricultural economies in times of crisis.
WP I: Assuring micro, small and medium-scale agri input enterprises and service provision businesses for the recovery and rehabilitation through access to finance.
WP II: Specialty financial products and services to reduce post-harvest losses in at-risk perishable farm product value chains.
WP III: Digital banking services to support smallholder farmers, businesses, and consumers affected by the COVID-19 crisis.
WP IV: Geographical expansion of agricultural mechanization services.
Project Implementation Districts: Kanchanpur, Kailali, Bardiya, Banke, Surkhet, Dang, Kapilvastu
Position Title: Field Supervisors (WP II)
Required No: Four
Reference No: Duty station: (Kailali, Banke, Surkhet, Dang)
Job Summary: The overall responsibility of this position is to effectively execute various field activities (under Work Package-II) to drive and deliver the outcomes of the CSISA’s objective of rapid response and resilience-building from Nepal's second COVID -19 wave, particularly among farmers and businesses by enhancing their access to finance and the development of innovative financial products.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Support assessment on the potential of the post-harvest enterprises for at-risk perishable farm products.
- Support development of business models for post-harvest enterprises including appropriate financial schemes.
- Involve in different capacity development activities, conduct interaction meetings between financial instructions and potential MSMEs in need of loans.
- Organize various mass media campaigns and other promotional activities targeting farmers and businesses involved in the post-harvest activities to stimulate demand for loans or financial products.
- Link farmers and entrepreneurs involved in the production, distribution, and sales of perishable and healthy commodities with the financial institutions. Link financial institutions with MSMEs like postharvest horticultural, drying operations, dairy processing, canneries, essential oils distillers, and packaging operations, emphasizing support to women entrepreneurs and micro-scale loans in rural communities.
- Report to program officers and regularly update progress in the MIS system.
- Minimum secondary level education or equivalent in agriculture, business management or other related fields.
- At least 2 years of professional work experience in the agriculture value chain (mainly post harvest enterprise), implementing direct field activities with market system development and private sector engagement.
- Strong communicator with the ability to interact and influence diverse stakeholder groups.
- Good coaching, mentoring skills, and a track record in rolling out training programs for business development services.
- Good computer skills with ability to use standard software and tools in agricultural extension systems.
- Demonstrated ability to write reports, success stories, and promotional materials.
- Preference will be given to the candidates from the same districts
Interested and qualified candidates are required to fill out the google form at this link:
The deadline for submission of the application is 5 PM, November 30, 2021. As per the gender and workforce diversity policy of iDE, female candidates and/or candidates from disadvantaged communities are highly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further process. No telephone inquiries will be entertained.