Detailed Job description / requirements:
March 16, 2023
For 39 years, iDE has been a leader and pioneer in market-based approaches to development, helping more than thirty million people navigate their way out of poverty. We strongly believe that markets are the most powerful force for a significant, widespread, and lasting impact on rural prosperity. iDE’s mission is to create income and livelihood opportunities for poor rural households. Our track record speaks for itself as we have increased the average annual household income of the people, we reach by $220. Stemming from our own research and development, we design products and business models to give communities and rural businesses the tools to increase their incomes and improve their well-being. iDE is a 501(c)(3) non-profit based in Denver, USA, with an annual budget of $ 33.5 million, over 1,000 staff in 14 offices globally, and funding since inception from more than 150 donors. iDE currently operates 11 country programs in Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
iDE has been working in Nepal since 1992. From irrigation and good quality seeds to, more recently, rural collection centers where farmers can sell their produce, we provide simple innovations that help rural communities get out of poverty and adapt to climate change.
iDE is recruiting a Field Consultant for Paul Polak (Fail Fast Innovation Award) for its Bhairahawa, Nepal
Terms of Reference for a Field Consultant under Paul Polak(Fail Fast Innovation Award)) it’s for Bhairahawa Nepal
Project: Snail havoc and its management project
Under the Supervision of the Agriculture Program Lead
Type of appointment:
Temporary (Contract) as per fund availability
March to December 14, 2023
Snail havoc and its management (Paul Polak Fail Fast Innovation award)
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Structuring the questionnaires for the multilocation field survey on the present condition of snail havoc in agriculture, farmers’ perception, and management technique adopted.
- Field visit and coordination with the team for the survey of the farmer community on snail havoc.
- Linkage and coordination with other stakeholders (Agriculture University, Research Station, Provincial and Local government) for snail identification, support, and awareness campaign.
- Preparation of the proper and well-designed protocol for the field-based research trials.
- Management and procurement of all the materials required for the research trial and validation at the field level.
- Proper data collection, record keeping, analysis, and interpretation of both invitro and field research trials and prepare the Manuscript and Report findings from the research Trials.
- Periodic progress report submission with the concerned personnel.
- Regular field visits and monitoring for record keeping.
- Prepare the Factsheets on Snail and its management options in Nepal.
- The other Core competencies required include Commitment, Drive for results, Integrity, Teamwork, and data Analysis with Statistical tools.
- Track and report on project implementation against DIP and fund utilization.
- Other as assigned by the supervisor and organizational need.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, economics, business management, socio-economic development, development planning, or other related fields with experience in a proper and well-designed protocol for field-based research trials.
- At Least 2 years’ professional work experience in the field of experience in project management preferably in agriculture.
- Good coaching, and mentoring skills, and a track record in designing and rolling out training programs for business development services.
- Strong communicator with the ability to influence diverse stakeholder groups.
- Proficiency to use standard software at an advanced level; knowledge of common ICTs and their use in data collection and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to write reports, success stories, and promotional materials.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary, multi-institutional, and multicultural environment.
- Candidates must have a valid motorbike license and fluency in local languages.
- A valid motorbike license holder is preferred.
How to Apply
Submit an updated CV and Photograph mentioning the expected monthly gross salary by 5 PM, March 23, 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further process. No telephone inquiries will be entertained.
As per the gender and workforce diversity policy of iDE, female candidates and/or candidates from disadvantaged communities are highly encouraged to apply.
|Category||Development and Project|
|Posted Date||16 Mar, 2023|
|Apply Before||23 Mar, 2023|