Family Planning Expert
Ipas Nepal is a non-profit international development organization that works to increase women’s ability to exercise their Sexual and Reproductive Health, especially the Right to Safe Abortion. We seek to eliminate Unsafe Abortion and the resulting deaths and injuries and to expand women’s access to Comprehensive Abortion Care, including contraception and related reproductive health information and care.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Ipas Nepal- Job Vacancy
Ipas works globally to increase women’s ability to exercise their sexual and reproductive rights and to reduce abortion-related deaths and injuries. We seek to expand the availability, quality and sustainability of abortion and related reproductive health services, as well as improve the enabling environment for the services. Ipas believes that no woman or girl should have to risk her life or health because she lacks safe reproductive health choices. For its new project phase beginning from July 1, 2020, Ipas Nepal is seeking to hire qualified and committed candidate for the position advertised.
Position: Family Planning Expert
Type: Fixed Term position, from July 1, 2020 till December 30, 2020, with the possibility of extension.
The Family Planning Expert will work at a national level to provide technical and managerial leadership to strengthen family planning programs. This position is responsible for the development and implementation of strategies to ensure that program goals and objectives are met. This includes providing strategic inputs for annual work plans, analysis of programmatic results, and technical support on SBC approaches, identification and resolution of challenges to ensure successful implementation of program activities.
Detailed duties and responsibilities for the position include as follows:
- Provide FP technical leadership role across the projects wide range of activities.
- Support and contribute to the development of technical reports, presentations and other communications tools and/or products.
- Support to develop/finalize national training curricula for FP services, and coordinate national training of trainers.
- Provide technical assistance to tailor community health worker strategies to reach adolescents, youth, newlyweds, and postpartum girls and women and their partners with FP information and services.
- Develop guide for engaging male partners of young women via small groups and household visits.
- Support commodity procurement and supply chain management.
- Develop and maintain close relationships with Government, partners and stakeholders.
- Supports in interpretation of findings, preparation of internal and external dissemination materials.
- Coordinate with internal knowledge management staff to disseminate key findings across the organization and connect Ipas staff with resources needed to adapt and implement findings, as needed.
- Conduct research project management and budget monitoring, as required.
- Report regularly and effectively to the Senior Research and Evaluation Advisor.
Qualification and Experiences Requirement:
- The candidate must have Master or post graduate degree (preferably Doctorate) in Public Health, Social Science, Development Studies or other relevant field of education.
- With minimum of ten years’ relevant professional level experience in Nepal.
- Proven expertise in FP interventions; achieving results in improving FP availability through improved training and supervision.
- Proven ability to provide technical assistance and support to the public sector in FP.
- Proven results in expanding use of FP services including developing community mobilization; successful use of FP SBCC particularly through IT and social media; demonstrated knowledge about gender and how it is linked with FP.
- Demonstrated experience in management, coordination, teamwork, and planning skills, with proven ability to function effectively with multiple counterparts.
- Experience training health care providers, outreach workers, or peer educators.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively and broadly to envision, create and implement a program.
- With strong organizational and administrative skills; emphasis on priority setting and completion of simultaneous tasks.
- Strong consultative, negotiation and stakeholder management skills.
- Has Budget monitoring experience.
- Experience of work in the provinces and knowledge on provincial perspectives is highly desired.
- Has strong written and spoken communications skills in English and Nepali language.
- Has good knowledge of Microsoft Office and exceptional excel skills.
- Flexible to adapt to challenging work environment.
- Willing to travel on field visits 50% to support project design, monitoring, evaluation and impact analysis.
- For the position advertised eligible candidates are requested to visit Ipas global website to submit online application.
- Interested candidates should submit application along with up-to-date curriculum vitae.
- In the application subject mention the position you are applying for.
Please submit your online application through the link given:
Application deadline, Tuesday, June 2, 2020.
Equal Opportunity and Commitment to Diversity
Ipas is strongly committed to providing a work environment that is free from all forms of harassment, discrimination, and inequity. We recruit, employ, train, promote, and compensate our personnel without regard to race, age, sex, religion, national origin, color, creed, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, sexual orientation, or any other personal characteristic protected by law.
We value all staff and strive to make employment at Ipas enjoyable and satisfying. As part of our commitment, we will not tolerate any form of discrimination towards employees, or applicants.
Qualified women candidates and candidates particularly from disadvantaged and socially excluded/marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Telephone inquiries will not be entertained. Canvassing at any stage of the recruitment process shall lead to automatic disqualification and Ipas Nepal reserves the rights on the final candidate selection.