Expression of Interest (EOI): For Trainer on business planning, improvement and record keeping to potential entrepreneur with disabilities
Details / requirements:
Expression of Interest (EOI): For Trainer on business planning, improvement and record keeping to potential entrepreneur with disabilities.
DEC Nepal is a non-Governmental, non-profit making, non -political Community based organization running by and for the persons with disabilities. The motto of DEC Nepal is to empower the person with disabilities by providing access and opportunities to uplift their social, cultural, economic, political and environmental status. DEC-Nepal has been duly registered with the District Administration Office (DAO) in Banke (Registration No. 888/064/065) and is affiliated with the Social Welfare Council (Affiliation NO. 23124). DEC Nepal has been working for the empowerment of person with disability as well as to advocate and lobby with local government to promote, ensure the rights, inclusive development and meaningful participation of person with disability aligning with UNCRPD and disability rights act of Nepal.
The USAID Inclusive Livelihoods-West Activity has been implementing jointly by CBM, Disable Empowerment and Communication Nepal (DEC-Nepal), and KOSHISH – Self-help Groups of Persons with Psychosocial Disabilities in four municipal areas of Banke (Nepalgunj Sub-Metropolitan, Khajura Rural Municipality) and Dang (Tulsipur Sub-Metropolitan, Dangisharan Rural Municipality) to support persons with disabilities for economic empowerment by the means of enterprise and employment through accessible and inclusive employers, financial institutions, and local market. The goal of the Activity is toward inclusive, sustainable, and resilient livelihoods of persons with disabilities in the aftermath of Covid-19 in the selected districts of Banke and Dang districts of Lumbini province of Nepal. Similarly, objectives of the Activity are:
- Organizations of Persons with Disabilities (OPD) and Self-help groups (SHG) of empowered people with disabilities are organized and functional.
- People with disabilities have skills and access to sustainable economic opportunities.
- Markets and employment opportunities are accessible and inclusive of people with disabilities.
DEC Nepal is looking for trained, well experienced consultants to conduct business planning, improvement and record keeping to potential entrepreneur with disabilities who are qualified/potential for employment in Banke ( Nepalgunj Sub-metropolitan City and Khajura Rural Municipality) and Dang (Tulsipur Sub-metropolitan City and Dangisharan Rural Municipality). Interested and experienced firms or individuals from same field are requested to submit application along with the following documents hardcopy or through email to the address and deadline mentioned below:
A. Desired academic qualifications, skills and experiences of consultants
- At least bachelor's degree required, having a basic understanding of business concepts or a related educational background (e.g., business administration, entrepreneurship, finance) and 5 years of working experience in livelihood relevant sector along with having training delivery skill and familiar with business planning and record keeping.
- Have knowledge on different dimensions of livelihood with training facilitation skill for persons with disabilities.
- Proven experience of developing training guideline, delivery training to persons with disabilities and report writing.
- The facilitator should possess an understanding of disability-related issues. If they are not familiar with these issues, they should strive for assistance facilitator to ensure inclusive learning and appropriate responses of disability.
B. Roles and Responsibilities of the Consultant
- Facilitate 9 events of 7 days training package for at least 22 participants in each events from Banke (Nepalgunj Sub-Metropolitan City, Khajura Rural Municipality) and Dang (Tulshipur Sub-Metropolitan City and Dangisharan Rural Municipality) Districts. The training venue will be in same municipal appropriate place.
- Work closely with CBM, DEC Nepal and KOSHISH in preparation, training delivery and reporting phase.
- Develop training package including session plans, training content, training material list, sample copy of business plan etc.
- Flexibility in adjustment of training delivery process as suggested by the Activity team while based on observation/ finding during the monitoring of the training.
- Deliver a complete event completion report and handout of the training in hard copy and electronic copy of presentation.
C. Interested Consultancy firms and professional personnel are required to submit the following:
The consultant/firm shall submit an application with the following documents;
A. Technical proposal (Maximum 4 pages)
- The technical proposal shall focus on the schedule development, training methodology, training facilitator, effective method/approach to develop training resource materials, training delivery and reporting with higher quality and in time.
- The proposal shall be clear and precise. The sample training schedule will be counted as an annex.
- One section or paragraph is required to show how the training facilitator/s or their team is appropriate for training material development, training facilitation and report writing.
B. Financial proposal
The Proposed budget for facilitation cost should be in Nepali rupees and only facilitation cost will be charged.
C. Detail of the consultant/organization/firm/individual
The organization/Firm should submit;
- CVs of proposed person
- Organization profile with relevant experiences
- A copy of company/firm registration
- A copy of Tax clearance certificate
- VAT/PAN registration
- Audit report (latest year)
- Any other relevant documents
The Individual consultant should submit;
- Technical and financial proposal
- CV of candidate,
- Relevant TOT/training and higher academic certificate,
- Citizenship card and PAN Card of consultant,
The proposal should reach the address below via email or courier or hand delivery by 21 Feb, 2024, 17:00 Hrs. (Nepal Local Time). Please, enclose “The proposal for employment readiness training for person with disability” in an envelope (or subject of email) and mark it “EOI for Business planning and record keeping training” of USAID Inclusive Livelihoods-West Activity" and drop it at following address:
DEC Nepal office
Or send to:
Contact number: 9844877371
To find more information about TOR, please click on the following link: