Expression of Interest (EOI) for a Video Documentary
Detailed Job description / requirements:
dZi Foundation/ Nepal
Expression of Interest (EOI) for a Video Documentary
dZi Foundation is a US-based non-profit organization working with rural communities in Nepal to achieve prosperity by eliminating barriers to basic needs, fostering opportunities for sustainable livelihoods, and building their capacity to catalyze transformational change. dZi adopts a new five-year strategic objective (2023- 2028) guided by past learning, adaptation to the emerging policy and development contexts, and an improved focus on partnership, local ownership, and sustainability beyond external investment.
1) Call for Consultancy:
dZi envisions a world of inclusive, thriving, and resilient local communities that have achieved shared prosperity on their own terms. The call for consultancy aims to produce a video documentary that will assess the concept, track the progress, and envision the likelihood of future prospectus of Shared Prosperity by linking it with SDGs 1, 10, and 16, and Policy Alleviation Policy Priorities of the Government of Nepal.
2) Specific objectives:
The main objectives of this assignment are as follows:
- To assess the conceptualization and realization of shared prosperity in Nepal.
- To showcase dZi Foundation’s work contributing to shared prosperity.
- To unveil dZi Foundation’s new strategic vision and mission of shared prosperity in line with the GON’s policy priorities.
- Conduct an Inception Workshop with the project team.
- Prepare a concept note for the video documentary with the key message, storyline, script, no. of interviewees from different backgrounds like government, dZi, community members, etc., interview questionnaire, visual shot ideas, musical style, and the timeline for each activity.
- Submit the concept note to the dZi Foundation for feedback, adapt to the feedback, and final approval of the concept note by the dZi Foundation.
- Video shoot and photo shoot.
- Post-production with subtitles in English and copyright license to music if applicable. The video must meet the brand guidelines of the dZi Foundation.
- Package and delivery.
The consultant will provide the final Concept Note to the project team and a video documentary of 25 minutes in length in 1) HD, 2) Non-HD, and 3) Web-ready version. Archive package of all usable footage and photographs including production design file and B roll.
5) Duration of the Consultancy
The duration of the consultancy is approximately 60 working days between October 4 to December 20, 2023. Preference should be given to those with a proven track record of completing the assignment within tight deadlines and without compromising the quality of deliverables. All the equipment needed for this assignment shall be provided by the contractor. No equipment is to be purchased under this assignment.
6) Minimum Qualification of the Consultant/s
- Minimum 5 years of experience in video production and post-production (including script writing, planning, cinematography, editing, and mixing)
- Should have successfully completed at least five assignments of a similar nature (e.g., poverty, gender equality, inclusive governance). Prior experience of working in the development sector will be a plus point.
- Well-equipped with updated software and hardware to ensure smooth and high-quality production. Adobe Premiere or Apple Final Cut is preferred.
- Should be creative, respectful, and have interpersonal communication skills.
7) Evaluation Factors
- Technical approach (40 points) – understanding of the approach and proposed methodologies to carry out the assignment in line with the described activities and deliverables.
- Professional experience of the team (20 points) – educational and professional credentials of the team to be engaged in the assignment.
- Experience of the firm/organization (10 points) – proven experience of the firm/organization in carrying out similar assignments in the past, client’s satisfaction, and physical and human resources to ensure smooth delivery of the assignment.
- Costing (30 points) – cost-effectiveness, relevancy, and alignment of the estimated cost with technical deliverables, as outlined in the EOI and the proposal.
8) Submission of EOI
Interested Nepali citizens/firms meeting the above qualifications can submit their EOI with (1) a cover page, (2) a brief technical and financial proposal, not more than 5 pages, (3) an updated CV of the consultant/s including PAN/VAT certificate, (4) evidence of similar assignment, at least 3, and (5) company profile with tax clearance and certificate, if applicable. Any question/s with the EOI must be submitted by September 19, 2023, to email@example.com. Please submit your EOI and required documents electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by/before September 24, 2023, with the EOI for Video Documentary in the subject line. Please ensure that the attachment should not be larger than 10 MB. No telephone inquiry, please. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for further process.
dZi reserves the right to accept and reject any or all proposals without assigning any reason whatsoever.