Enterprise Development Facilitator (EDF)
Detailed Job description / requirements:
(First date of Job Publication: April 2, 2019)
NNDSWO (1982) is a network based organization having its district chapters in 74 districts in Nepal. NNDSWO envisions an equitable and prosperous society free from all forms of discrimination, exploitation and poverty where human rights, social justice and dignity of all are equally respected. Its Mission is to 'eliminate caste-based discrimination and untouchability and empower people for dignified life'. Human rights, governance, education and livelihood are four core thematic programme areas of NNDSWO. Gender equality, conflict transformation, youth empowerment, and advocacy on inclusive DRR are major crosscutting themes. It has successfully managed projects on human rights, governance, education, adolescent empowerment, etc. in all regions of Nepal in partnership with various development partners.
NNDSWO has been implementing a project entitled "Assist Haliya Community to Achieve Full Rehabilitation from Slavery & Labour Exploitation" in five districts (Baitadi, Bajhang, Bajura, Dadeldhura and Kanchanpur) in partnership with ANTI-SLAVERY INTERNATIONAL (ASI) and. UK Department for International Development (DFID). The project aims to facilitate empowerment of freed-Haliya Community (HC) and break cycle of slavery & labour exploitation through: ensuring participation & representation of the HC, particularly women, in rehabilitation process; introducing innovative participatory tools to improve HC oversight and participation in rehabilitation process; improve HC children education outcomes through provision of tuition classes in order to re-enroll children and assist performance at school; and improving HC employment, livelihoods and income-security through provision of vocational and skill development training to older freed-Haliya children and young adults.
Currently, we are seeking competent, experienced, committed and dynamic candidates for the following position:
Enterprise Development Facilitator (EDF) - 5 (Duty Station: Kanchanpur, Dadeldhura, Baitadi, Bajhang and Bajura districts)
To lead economic empowerment activities of AHCR project for Haliya community through entrepreneurship development to improve their livelihoods.
- Facilitate Haliya Community (HC) to select appropriate enterprise/business on the basis of market demand, local resources and need in the rural community.
- Provide entrepreneurship development training to the selected participants.
- Facilitate to conductskill development training to the participantson selected business/trade.
- Assist entrepreneurs to access micro credits in coordination with local level Micro Financial Institutions (MFIs).
- Facilitate to provide appropriate technology to the entrepreneurs.
- Provide regular counseling and support to entrepreneurs in different aspects.
- Facilitate HC to register their enterprises in relevant government authorities
- Conduct mapping of relevant stakeholders that provide support to Haliya community and establish linkage with Haliya Community to access different services.
- Lead Capacity Building Initiatives aimed at effective participation of Haliya Community in local planning and budget allocation process.
- Facilitate Haliya community to ensure their timely access to government’s rehabilitation package.
- Assist district office to collect data on Haliya Community who are not identified as Freed Haliya
- Conduct regular outreach and social mobilization sessions at community level to strengthen capacity of Haliya Community.
- Completed level 2 or 3 skill test on entrepreneurship facilitation from National Skill Testing Board (NSTB) under Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT) or 15 month certified Entrepreneurship Development Facilitator (EDF) related Technical SLC (T-SLC) course from CTEVT.
- Minimum three years of working experience in entrepreneurship development with MED (Micro Enterprise Development) model in socially excluded community.
- Knowledge of socio-economic and political context on Nepal, and understanding of Inclusion and women economic empowerment issues
- Knowledge on project activities implementation, monitoring, reporting and documentation skills
- Previous experience of social mobilization will be added advantage
- Basic computer skills (MS word, Excel, Power point) is must
- Able to work independently under pressure of deadline
- Good Communication and facilitation skills.
- Knowledge of local context, culture and language will be an asset.
Interested candidates who fulfill the above requirements are requested to send their updated CV and a motivation letter with mentioning your desired district and expected salary range.
Application deadline: 15th April, 2019
Please send your application via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Candidates can also submit copies of their application and CV at NNDSWO coordinating office in Dadeldhura at email@example.com
We promote gender equality and social inclusion in terms of caste and ethnic diversity in staffing. Candidates from project implementation districts will be given priority. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further test.
Telephone enquiry will not be entertained.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contracted for recruitment process. Recruitment process can be conducted in Kathmandu as well as in project coordinating district Dadeldhura according to preference of the shortlisted candidates
Our commitment to safeguarding:
NNDSWO is fully committed to preventing any type of inappropriatebehavior at work place including sexual harassment, caste and gender based discrimination, exploitation and abuse, lack of professional integrity and financial misconduct and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. NNDSWO expects all office bearers, staff and volunteers to fully comply with our core values, principles and our code of conduct. We are committed to recruit only those who share and demonstrate our values.
|Category||Development and Project|
|Experience||Please check vacancy details.|
|Education||Please check vacancy details|
|Posted Date||02 Apr, 2019|
|Apply Before||15 Apr, 2019|