DAI was founded in 1970 by three graduates of Harvard Universities Kennedy School of Government intent on providing a more dynamic and effective brand of development assistance. This entrepreneurial approach would look beyond traditional philanthropy to embrace the virtues of the private sector, and build a company that delivers social and economic development on a competitive, cost-effective, best-value basis a social enterprise that is self-sustaining because it is profitable. Employee-owned DAI is now a global development company with a record of delivering results in 160 countries. But it remains today what it was as a start-up: innovative, alert, self-critical, and forward-looking and driven by a powerful sense of corporate purpose. Our mission remains essentially unchanged from the days of the founders. Job Opportunities DAI offers rewarding career opportunities for talented technical, managerial, and support professionals. By providing challenging assignments, a commitment to professional development, managerial systems based on teamwork, and an ownership stake in the company, we attract and retain high-caliber staff. Our workforce reflects a cultural diversity that gives us a broad spectrum of backgrounds and perspectives. www.dai.com
Detailed Job description / requirements:
USAID Tayar Nepal Improved Disaster Risk Management Project
DAI works at the cutting edge of international development, combining technical excellence, professional project management, and exceptional customer service to solve our clients’ most complex problems. Since 1970, DAI has worked in 150 developing and transition countries, providing comprehensive development solutions in areas including crisis mitigation, democratic governance and public sector management, agriculture and agribusiness, private sector development and financial services, economics and trade, water and natural resources management, and energy and climate change. Clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and host-country governments. More information about DAI can be found on the DAI website ( www.dai.com ).
USAID/Nepal’s Tayar Nepal – Improved Disaster Risk Management Project will strengthen the capacity of Nepal’s national and municipal institutions responsible for disaster preparedness and response. In a country prone to a myriad of natural disasters, at the national level Tayar Nepal will build the capacity of disaster risk management (DRM) institutions, including the newly created National Disaster Management Agency (NDMA). Locally, Tayar will support eight urban municipalities to develop risk-sensitive land use plans and then support the prioritization and implementation of a set of technical assistance packages improve disaster resilience. In the event of a disaster over the life of the five-year project, USAID/Nepal may engage the program’s rapid emergency response mechanism. Tayar will work closely with the Government of Nepal and Nepali emergency responders to mobilize technical assistance, commodity support, small-scale infrastructure, and information management support. Tayar will apply lessons learned from disaster response efforts to improve national-level DRM systems and municipal-level risk-reduction activities.
- Identify sources of relevant data, and oversee the creation of a central data management system in Tayar accessible to relevant project stakeholders
- Coordinate the RSLUP process with the data platform upgrades so that data and maps developed at the municipal level can be uploaded to a cloud-based system that serves as a long-term repository accessible to other municipalities.
- Ensure oversight and regular maintenance to databases and assist communications to report quantitative results on program status and impact.
- Support data collection, data quality control, tools for analysis, etc. Contribute to on-going design of tools/methods that will support stakeholder and community participation and development planning.
- University degree in relevant field required. Masters preferred.
- 10 years of relevant experience, including at least 5 years of work experience in survey methodology, data collection and analysis using advanced software
- Expertise in conducting research to locate, obtain and organize data sets.
- Experience working with stakeholders to build capacity in data analysis and visualization.
- Experience setting up web-enabled ICT platforms.
Location and Reporting
The Data Manager reports to the Crosscutting Team Director. The position is based in Kathmandu, with travel to priority Tayar municipalities.
Application Procedure: Interested applicants should submit a CV and cover letter to TayarRecruitment@dai.com by November 20, 2019 . Please mention the position in the subject line of the email.