Community Mobilization Officer
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Sustainable and Equitable Development Academy (SEDA-Nepal) is born and brought up in Karnali, (Karnali province), a region that received scant attention of the state. As per its priorities, SEDA has been working in different sector; poverty alleviation, education, good governance, social development and natural resource management in Karnali region.
SEDA-Nepal has signed a contract with RTI international for implementing the IR3 component (increase family and community engagement in early grade reading) of Early Grade Reading Program all over the Dolpa district. The overall purpose of the community mobilization of EGRP is to increase family and community support for improving reading skills of early grade readers (Grade 1, 2 and 3). The organization is implementing IR3 component of EGRP in direct coordination with SMC, PTA, EGR sub-committee and all relevant stakeholders like Local education units, Local levels, EDCU etc.
SEDA -Nepal is inviting applications from qualified and experienced candidates for the following position to support in implementing social and community mobilization component of EGRP in Dolpa. The last date of application is 29 July 2019 before 5 PM in firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Position Title: Community Mobilization Officer
Required number: 1
- Community Mobilization Officer (CMO) is responsible to implement community mobilization activities of community mobilization of Early Grade Reading Program (EGRP) to increase family and community support for Early Grade Reading under the technical guidance of Program Manager in Dang.
- Form and strengthen capacities of SMC, PTA together with other community forums such as Early Grade
- Reading sub-committee, mothers’ group, child club, CLCs and others as appropriate;
- Engage parents, community forum, SMC, PTA, LEUs, local government and all possible community
- based organizations for developing appropriate environment for early grade readers at home,
- communities and school;
- Coordinate community and community level forum/institution such as LEUs, Local Government,
- school, EGR subcommittee, mothers’ group, child clubs, CLC to jointly organize effective after school
- Conduct an EGR-linked participatory planning and review meeting of SIP at school;
- Conduct peer education trainings for parents at school level;
- Conduct meetings and technically contribute to LEU, municipality, school level meetings for creating
- awareness and appropriate reading environment for children at school, communities and home level
- Work closely with SMC, PTA, LEU, EGR subcommittee and other appropriate community forums.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education, social work, or related field
- Experience in community mobilization work: dealing with community forum and people
- At least 2 years' experience in implementation and providing technical inputs on community mobilization and strengthening capacities of community forum.
- Experience in conducting training for community forums
- Experience in early grade reading, primary education and ECD sector is preferred
- Competent in computer skills, especially Microsoft Office Package
- Oral fluency in Nepali and local language for communication.
- Reporting skills in Nepali
- Preference will be given to local resident, women, dalit, ethnic