Chief Executive Officer & Finance and Admin Officer
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Butwal Masu Utpadan Tatha Prasodhan Pvt. Ltd. is formed as a collaborative venture of 4 public companies owned by smallholder women goat farmers and meat entrepreneurs of Rupandehi, Kapilvastu, Palpa, Gulmi and Arghakhanchi districts. The company envisions to supply standardized healthy and hygienic meat in Butwal area and beyond. The company is in the process of acquiring operations right of the goat abattoir industrial plant being constructed by Butwal Sub-Metropolitan City in Butwal Industrial Area in Public Private Partnership model. The semi-automatic modern goat abattoir is first of its kind industrial plant constructed by the government of Nepal.
Heifer Project International Nepal (HPIN) has been providing technical support in developing all the components of abattoir ecosystem including formation of the public and private companies of the farmers and meat entrepreneurs; supporting the municipality in preparation of the abattoir DPR; procurement of the construction; and other essential technical services required for its operations. The company is envisioned to sustainably operationalize the abattoir by equitably balancing the partnership of Public, Private, and Producer sector involved in the abattoir. Expected annual turnover of this industrial plant is around 80-100 crore.
1. Chief Executive Officer -1
The company is seeking a dynamic Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to provide overall business leadership to the company.
Function: The CEO shall be responsible to drive profitability, lead development of company’s short- and long-term strategy, direct agendas, manage company organization structure, assess risks and communicate with the Board, shareholders and public. In the initial phase of the company, S/he shall be responsible to take a more hands-on role including making lower-level business decisions. CEO shall ensure that the company maintains high social responsibility wherever it does business. Primary responsibilities of the CEO are:
- Lead the development of the company’s short- and long-term strategy.
- Prepare business plan of the abattoir and ensure operationalization of the business plan.
- Lead initiatives to seek loan and investment funding from the Banks, Financial Institutes, and investment companies from Nepal and abroad.
- Prepare a robust production process and systems of the abattoir plant that include inbound logistics, flow of the plant operations and outbound logistics.
- Lead recruitment of all the technical and management human resources required for the company.
- Mobilize technical human resource including veterinarian, microbiologist, mechanics etc to ensure that production process and the product of the abattoir meet the health, hygiene, environmental and other standards required by the law.
- Support the finance management team to create a robust financial management system of the company. Support the team to prepare financial statements and projections.
- Develop and lead marketing and branding plan of the abattoir.
- Maintain awareness of the competitive market landscape, expansion opportunities nationally and internationally, industry developments etc Actively mentor and coach human resource to excel personally and professionally.
Legal/risk and Administrative Leadership
- Assess risks to the company and ensure they are monitored and minimized
- Work with the company’s Board of directors and HPIN to develop company’s operational and administrative policy and fiscal plan.
- Collaborate with the company’s investor public companies to strengthen the legal and business relationship with them.
- Ensure that all the periodic legal and administrative compliances of the companies are being correctly and timely met by the company.
Abattoir Ecosystem Management
- Collaborate with the public companies and cooperatives of the producer farmers to create a strong supply chain of live goats.
- Lead the partnership with technical support provider Heifer International and explore potential for collaboration with other similar entities.
- Partner with the sub metropolitan city and other stakeholders to organize consumer awareness campaign to promote consumption of hygienic meat.
- Represent the company in periodic and mandatory meetings with the sub metropolitan city’s Public Private Partnership unit.
- Actively participate in policy dialogues related to the meat industry in Nepal.
- Communicate on behalf of the company with shareholders, government entities and public.
Requirements and Preferred Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in business or related field. Bachelor in agriculture, food technology, animal science with MBA preferred.
- 5-10 years of industry experience. Preference for experience of operationalizing a livestock, food processing, or meat related business.
- Previous experience of leading a large-scale public or private company.
2. Finance and Admin Officer -1
The company is seeking a growth-oriented qualified Finance and Admin officer to work with the CEO of the company to maintain overall financial compliance of the company. Primary responsibilities are:
- Ensure that the books of accounts of the company are recorded timely with adequate supporting documentation.
- Ensure that ledgers, trial balance and financial statements are timely prepared.
- Ensure that legal and administrative documents are safely filed.
- Ensure procurements are done in a transparent, cost-effective, and efficient manner.
- Ensure that payments to vendors are timely made.
- Ensure that salaries of the employees are timely paid and related tax filings, social security fund, provident fund, gratuity etc. compliances are met.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
- Work with the CEO to create a robust financial management system that keeps track of company’s purchase of input supplies (live goat, utilities etc.) and sales of its products.
- Work with the CEO to prepare annual financial plans and budgets.
- Ensure that the company complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
Requirements and Preferred Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from a recognized university in Business Administration, Business Studies, or related field Master’s degree preferred. Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in agri-business sector or in a similar context is required. Experience of dealing with tax and administration authorities is preferred.
- Practical experience in various aspects of accounting principles and practices with a good understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Proficient in Excel, Word and other Microsoft office tools. Practical experience in accounting software is mandatory.
Qualified candidates should submit CV and cover letter stating their expected salary to email@example.com by 7th February 2022. Please indicate the position that you are applying for.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for the selection process. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.