Call for Applications
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) - a related organization of the United Nations - is the leading intergovernmental organization in the field of migration. It works to meet the growing operational challenges of migration, advance understanding of migration issues, encourage social and economic development through migration and uphold the well-being and human rights of migrants.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Call for Applications
Reference Code: CFA – 13/2022
Position Title: Migration Health Physician
Duty Station: Damak, Nepal
Type of Appointment: National Officer, Ungraded
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 11 August 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
|IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged.|
Under the overall supervision of Chief of Mission and direct supervision of Chief Migration Health Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for medical examinations, referrals and treatment of refugees and migrants in relation to Resettlement Migrant Health Assessment Programmes.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Conduct health assessments of the refugees and migrants, including review of the medical history, physical examination, re-reading of the Chest X-rays (CXR) and review of the test results, in accordance with the technical guidelines of the resettlement countries.
- Ensure proper identification of the migrants during physical examination.
- Conduct UK Pre Entry TB Screening for potential entry clearance applicants as per Technical Instruction (TI) of UK Border Agency.
- Record all relevant health data in standard forms; ensure completeness and accuracy of the recorded information.
- Liaise with the radiologist and laboratory staff regarding results of the respective tests.
- Make referrals for additional testing and treatment, if necessary; follow up patients on treatment.
- Perform treatment of tuberculosis, sexually transmitted infections and provide support to the HIV and TB counselling activities.
- Take part in the surveillance system through notification of the stakeholders about communicable diseases identified during health assessments.
- Ensure that all relevant data related to the heath assessment program are entered to MiMOSA and other related databases.
- Participate in data analysis related to the health assessment program for presentation and program planning.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the supervisors.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Medicine from accredited institute with 2 years of professional experience; or
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine with 5 years of professional experience.
- Post graduate training and/or working experience in any of the following domains- public health, communicable diseases, tropical medicine or chest diseases – is a distinctive advantage.
- Effectively applies knowledge of health issues in execution of responsibilities at appropriate level.
- Demonstrated awareness of gender issues.
- Maintains confidentiality and discretion in appropriate areas of work.
- Knowledge of the Nepalese health system.
- Communication and patient care.
- Ability to use own initiative and work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Good Computer skill is essential, especially in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated and objective driven.
Fluency in English, Nepali is required.
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment. Only Nepali Nationals will be considered for this position.
How to apply:
Interested Candidates are requested to submit their application indicating clearly the position applied, CFA number, and CV with three references to the following address: Human Resource Department, International Organization for Migration, P.O. Box 25503, Baluwatar, Kathmandu or email to email@example.com by 11 August 2022. Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.
From 28.07.2022 to 11.08.2022