Agriculture Technician (JTA)
SAHAMATI(An Institution Dedicated For Community Plus Humane Development) SAHAMATI is a non-governmental, non-political, non-profit making, member-based social development organization established in 2001/11/12 (kartik 27, 2058) by a group of professionals and development workers with long experience in community development. This organization has been registered as an NGO under the organization registration act of Nepal. Global problems like climate change, poverty, social discrimination and migration influence Nepal's development process, demanding diversified answers. Underprivileged groups are often excluded while designing development program, unfortunate for them. SAHAMATI aims to make a change by addressing the huge challenges of the 21st century with a community-centered approach, focusing on social justice and social transformation, human rights development and self-help promotion. SAHAMATI has built a large network composed of diverse social groups, national and international organizations and like-minded institutions and have been launching various kinds of community-centered programs on collaboration. A range of internal programs have been developed and implemented independently through SAHAMATI under Theme 2 (Learning and Innovation) are coordinated through our own resources. SAHAMATI is affiliated with Social Welfare Council (SWC), NGO Federation of Nepal, Federation of Democratic NGO (FEDEN), Peaceful Schools International Canada, Resource Centre for Primary Health Care Nepal (RECPHEC), DP Net-Nepal, DCCAM Network-Nawalparasi, Tobacco Control and Health Rights Network- Nepal, Coady Alumni, ARI Alumni and Gender and water Alliance-Nepal
Detailed Job description / requirements:
(An Institution Dedicated for Community Plus Humane Development)
SAHAMATI is a non-governmental, non-political and non-profit making social development organization. Established in 2001 by a group of development professionals, SAHAMATI is recognized as capable and committed national level organization for community plus humane development. SAHAMATI believes Economic Development; Good Governance; and Environment Protection as three pillars of development and works in these areas with innovative and community led development models.
SAHAMATI is implementing income generation component of a three-year project “Empowering rural communities in Nepal through an integrated approach to health and income growth project (ERCN project)" funded by KOICA Nepal. The project aims to increase the income level of the small holders and vulnerable community of the targeted area through the increased skill, knowledge and resources on farm and off farm income generating practices. The project is being implemented in three selected wards of rural municipalities of Tanahu, Kavrepalanchowk and Sindhupalchowk and will closely work with farmer groups and relevant stakeholders. The project has targets of strengthening local community development capacity; increase income of rural community through a community-led and participatory integrated campaign and on-farm and off-farm activities with input support. There is a position of an Agriculture Technician (JTA) to implement the project areas. Qualified and interested Nepalese candidates are invited to apply. Women and people from disadvantaged group are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be invited for written & interview.
Details Job Descriptions/ Requirements
Positions: Agriculture Technician (JTA)
Required Number: 1 (One)
Duty Station: Sindhupalchowk Panchpokhari Thangpal-4 (with occasional travel to SAHAMATI Office)
Project Durations: 3 years (2022 to 2024)
Qualification and Experience Required
- Should have completed I.Sc.Ag.With minimum three years’ work experience "Or" Junior Technical Assistant course in agriculture from recognized institution with minimum four years' work experience in development projects.
- Previous experience in agriculture, marketing, community& cooperative mobilization and integrated farming with climate smart agricultural practices will be value addition.
- Handy on agricultural technologies and updated with the current Agri-extension measures.
- Strong facilitation and good communicator of the messages to be delivered.
- Skills on coordination with the community level stakeholders.
- Motivation to work closely with the most vulnerable households with extended field visits.
- Open and believes in teamwork.
- Fluent in Nepali and additional knowledge on tamang languages will be value addition.
- Person with 2-wheeler driving license will be value addition.
Job description/Key Responsibilities:
- Work closely with and in the guidance of Team Leader in supporting planning and implementing of integrated on and off farm activities at the community level.
- Involve in forming different self-help groups and selection of beneficiaries for various trainings and cooperatives.
- Support for the selection of target households for immediate support and long term income of households.
- Assist in carrying out needs assessments on training, input support and other activities.
- Assist for focus group discussions and meetings with organized farmer’s groups on performance of project.
- Maintain database and records on field level project activities and accomplishments and report to team leaders.
- Support to manage timely supply of inputs with improved technologies and skill to farmer’s groups.
- Assist for timely preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual report with targets, budget and timeframe of the field level activities.
- Coordinate with the community level and related stakeholders.
- Ensure cross-cutting issues such as gender and inclusion mainstreamed throughout the project cycle.
If you are interested to work with rural community, cooperatives and related stakeholders for empowering rural communities in Nepal through an integrated approach to health and income growth project; send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 29, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
The selection will be solely based on individual's qualification, professional experience and performance of the candidate during the interview. We do not entertain telephone enquiries.