Detailed Job description / requirements:
Position: Administrative Officer
The U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
The Promoting the Quality of Medicines Plus (PQM+) program, funded by USAID and implemented by USP, improves access to quality-assured priority medicines and addresses the proliferation of poor- quality medical products in low- and middle-income countries. PQM+ will strengthen medical product quality assurance systems through cross-sectoral and systems strengthening approaches and the application of international quality assurance standards across the pharmaceutical system. By sharing scientific expertise and providing technical support and leadership, PQM+ helps create resilient and robust local health systems that address diseases like HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria and neglected tropical diseases, as well as improves maternal, newborn and child health.
USP is seeking for an Administrative Officer in support of PQM+ program implementation in Nepal.
Summary of the Position
Under the guidance of the Senior Finance & Operations Manager, the Administrative Officer will manage Administration and logistics activities. The Admin Officer will also be responsible for providing administrative and logistics support related to the implementation of the PQM+ Nepal work plan, including travel and transport management, inventory management, office facilities management, organizing meeting/workshop/training for staff and other key stakeholders. S/he will be coordinating with Procurement & logistics officer, for procuring goods and services in accordance with USAID and USP policies and procedures
Roles and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision and direction of the Sr. Finance & Operations Manager –the Administrative Officer:
- Conducts travel arrangements and meeting/workshop/training arrangements in coordination with relevant program staff.
- Coordinates operational vehicle and monitor the utilization including arrangement of optional transportation as needed
- Supports Senior Finance & Operations Manager for smooth running office, this includes the regular office maintenance work, monitor cleanliness of office and its premises, and collection & process the utilities bills on timely manner.
- Supports Senior Finance & Operations Manager on expat/TCN staff visa application and other logistics arrangements.
- Conducts physical verification of assets and update fixed assets register on regular basis in the supervision of Senior Finance & Operations Manager.
- Maintain a comprehensive and efficient filling system of document including vendors, suppliers, and procurement transactions.
- Supports Senior Finance & Operations Manager on Human Resources matters such as maintaining personnel records.
- Support/coordinate with Procurement & Logistics Officer for the procurement process and ensure all relevant supporting documents of are in place.
- Coordinates with Sr. Finance Officer and handle petty cash according to USP’s policy and guidelines.
- Coordinates with Sr. finance officer and file the VAT Exemptions/ Reimbursements.
- Perform any other administration and Logistics related tasks as assigned by the Senior Finance & Operations Manager and the Chief of Party.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, procurement, or other relevant field.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience performing similar duties as Administrative, Procurement, and/or Logistics professional.
- A minimum of 1-2 year experience with an international NGO, preferably in USAID funded projects
- Hard working and attention to detail is essential.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and meeting deadlines; results- oriented.
- Excellent in Microsoft Office and Inventory Management System skills.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Good negotiations skills and must be able to meet the deadlines.
- Fluency in National Language and proficiency in written and oral English required
- Ability to demonstrate highest degree of ethics and integrity.
Interested candidates should submit cover letter and CV by email to GPHNepalRecruitment@USP.org clearly stating Administrative Officer in the subject line of the e-mail.
Application Deadline: September 4, 2022