Admin and Finance Officer
Research: Progress Inc.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Brief description of organization
Progress Inc. is a private company which specializes in research, monitoring and evaluations, assessments, capacity building and other data management for public, private and non-profit organizations in the social development sector. The organization works in various sectors including gender, education, governance, livelihood, DRR, WASH, and more.
We are looking for an experienced and mature Admin and Finance personnel who will able to handle the administrative and financial aspect of the organization. In addition to this, the person needs to be able to work together with the Manager and Admin Assistant to ensure financial and tax obligation are fulfilled.
Admin and Finance Officer
Working Hours: 10 AM – 5 PM (Sunday to Friday)Job Description
- Manage day to day financial transactions of the organization and its projects
- Ensuring implementation of organizational policies in finance and administration
- Ensure all documents and billing system is up to date in our main system
- Coordinate with Manager, Office Assistant, and other Research team for smooth operation of work for respective projects
- Prepare payroll, contracts, invoices, and receipts
- Coordinate with external consultants and auditor to prepare financial audit report
- Ensure the required taxes are paid on time
- Release advance, reviews expenses of project field activities
- Petty cash handling and management
- Collect and check the accuracy of supporting documents and bills from field and suppliers
- Organize office files and information for proper retrieval or disposal
- Maintain absolute confidentiality of organizational financial information (Important)
Qualification and Skills Required:
- Master’s degree with minimum 5 years or more experience in the financial department of any sector
- Able to prepare cash flow and invoices
- Should be able to handle a fast paced demanding environment; willing to run errands when required
- Candidate should be honest, motivated, hardworking, and able to solve problems
- Candidates needs to be strict in financial policy of the company
- Excellent eye to detail such as finding billing error, etc.
- Excellent MS word and excel skills and good computing skills
- Ability to type in Nepali (Preeti and/or Unicode) would be an added advantage
- Good documentation and organizing skills
- Previous experience in depositing tax (IRS Gov Nepal)at relevant government entity
- Excellent knowledge of national tax regulation and accounting principles
- Excellent communication and adaptable skills
Interested candidates are requested to submit their updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Nov 30, 2021, with the subject title of the email as “Admin and Finance Officer”.
FRESHERS and applicants with lesser experience than the requirement mentioned above will NOT be considered.Online applications will not be considered at all. We are looking to fill the position and close the vacancy as soon as we find the right candidate. Early applicants are encouraged. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test, followed by a face to face interview. No telephone inquiries will be entertained and any inappropriate recommendation will automatically disqualify the candidate from further processing.