Admin and Finance Officer
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Global Action Nepal (GAN) in partnership with VSO Nepal is looking for a pro-active, self- motivated and outcome oriented person for the position of Admin and finance Officer, based in Surkhet district for Sisters for Sisters' Education Project-II.
Job Summary: Admin and finance Officer is primarily responsible for financial management, accounting and administration for the smooth operation of the district responsibly maintaining transparent accountable and internal control system within organization as per the policy and compliance. S/he will be maintaining and reporting the financial reports, projecting the district budget, manage financial data and office documents, assisting the district coordinator in the preparation of the district budget in close coordination with the program team. S/he will be responsible for monitoring, auditing and evaluating the budget effectiveness to the target groups. AFO will work closely with district team to implement financial and administrative planning in an acceptable standard.
R 1. Administrative operations
- Ensure smooth functioning of finance and administrative operations as per policy and compliance.
- Ensure all payments are made according to organizational policies, local law and contractual agreement with donor/ partner.
- Ensure maintenance of all payment documents and receipts according to the organizational policies and guidelines.
- Co-operate and liaise with the other project staff members
- Responsible for the overall function of Admin and Finance at field and district level.
- Conveys all the required instructions and policies of the organization to the staff and the views of the district level staff to the leading body.
R 2. Accounting
- Ensure that compliance with prevailing laws and organizational policy, all payments are processed in a timely manner, and are accounted properly.
- Prepare all payments, receipt and transfer vouchers within time period.
- Prepare transaction worksheet with appropriate codes and according to relevant cost centers and agreed allocation. Stamp all payment documents as per organizational requirements.
- Petty cash administration; make payment petty expenses and update petty cash log sheet.
- Administer the financial information (i.e. vouchers, contracts, agreement).
- Organize and file vouchers and its supporting documents, taxes, VAT in a more effective and efficient way.
R 3. Reporting and relationships
- Prepare financial report as prescribed format and submit to GAN Project Finance Manager on regular basis.
- Prepare monthly/periodic budget verses actual report and submit to program team for reason for variance.
- Reconcile all receivable and payable, bank and cash before submitting to the Project Finance Manager.
- Prepare quarterly fixed asset register and submit to Project Finance Manager.
- Keeps all relevant documents and a copy of financial report in proper filing system.
R 4. Other responsibilities
- Maintain integrity and accountability of the position.
- Maintain and strengthen the standard of work and credibility of the organization in and outside of office.
- Fulfill other appropriate level responsibilities as demand of the project.
Qualification and other requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce of Business studies or relevant academic qualification with at least two years relevant experiences.
- Good knowledge in accounting and office management.
- Excellent computer skills, especially in MS word, Excel / Excel reporting.
- Demonstration of excellent team working and relationship building skills.
- Good knowledge on accounting software.
- Strong English communication skills required for the role and will be tested at interview.
- Ability to work at pace across multiple work streams.
- Strong management and people skills.
- Excellent ability to work across cultures, time zones and disciplines with a wide range of stakeholders.
Benefits: NPR. 36,300/- basic salary and other benefits based on organization’s policy.
Expected date of Joining: Within 5 days of offer letter given.
Duration of work: November, 2020 – February, 2021
Interested and competent candidates are requested to send their recent CV and cover letter (with mention of interested district) to email@example.com by 18th October, 2020 with subject: Application for the Position of AFO, Surkhet. Only short-listed candidates will be called for an interview. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained. Candidates form local areas/district, minority communities; Ethnic groups, caste and women are highly encouraged to apply. Global Action Nepal commits to Zero Tolerance towards corruption and any forms of abuse, violence, and harassment against children, women and vulnerable youth.