The Centre for International Studies and Cooperation (CECI) combats poverty and exclusion by strengthening the development capacity of disadvantaged communities, supporting initiatives for peace, human rights and equity, mobilizing resources and promoting the exchange of know-how.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
1. Job Description
Position: Accountant (Part-Time)
Location: The position is based in Kathmandu with field Visit if required.
Reporting: Finance Controller CECI-Asia
The Centre for International Studies and Cooperation (CECI) is an international non-governmental organization which works in more than 15 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe. CECI has been working more than 30 years in Nepal. CECI’s mission is to combat poverty and exclusion. To this end, it builds the developmental capacities of local disadvantaged communities, supports peace, human rights and equity initiatives, mobilizes resources and fosters the exchange of knowledge.
3. Job Responsibilities:
- Handle day to day accounting of CECI- Nepal and CECI projects.
- Verify monthly accounting reports of all projects in CECI Asia
- Prepare verification notes(Comments on monthly accounting reports) every month and follow-up with the projects to ensure the implementation done in the comments properly and timely.
- Update and verify an internal invoices/receivables and payments/payables
- Maintain the general correspondence files, project information(contracts and related financial documents) and sending hard copies of accounting reports to HO on time
- Verify andUpdateVAT and TDS status of CECI in the Tax office. Follow up for yearly tax clarification.
- Supportinpreparation of financial statements for annual external audit. Make sure that all financial reports and documents of INFRA/projects are ready for the audit.
- Perform all other tasks as requested by the supervisors.
4. Qualifications, skills & experience:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration
- A minimum of three years experience in a similar position in the development sector
- Experience in implementation and monitoring systems of financial management, controls and accounting systems
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft word, excel and accounting software
- Fluent in communicating and writing in English and Nepali
- Experienced in working with computers and using computerized accounting systems.
- Initial for three months (provisional) and extension is possible based on satisfactory performance.
- CECI offers competitive salaries based on its salary scale.
Interested candidates should apply electronically with their full bio-data at email@example.com by 18 February 2020.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the interview.
- No telephone inquiries will be entertained with respect to this announcement.
Women candidates and candidates from disadvantaged groups/communities (Dalit, Janjati/Indigenous, Madheshi, Muslim, and LGBTIQ+) are encouraged to apply.