Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Effective with the release of this position announcement, Winrock International is recruiting applicants for the Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Manager for the KISAN II Project; responsibilities, duties and qualifications are described in the attached position description.
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment. Winrock matches innovative approaches in agriculture, natural resources management, clean energy, and leadership development with the unique needs of its partners. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.
The annual salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants must submit a cover letter and current CV to jobs.KISAN@winrock.org. Applicants should reference Regional ME& KISAN II by August 25, 2017.
Winrock International is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
POSITION TITLE: Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Manager (P4)
LOCATION: Nepalgunj, Nepal
REPORTS TO: MEL Director / Senior M&E Manager
Winrock is seeking candidates for a Regional Monitoring and Evaluation Manager for the Feed the Future Knowledge-based Integrated Sustainable Agriculture in Nepal II (KISAN II) project. The USAID/Nepal-funded KISAN II project is improving food security in twenty Hill and Terai districts in the Western, Mid-Western and Far-Western regions of the country and four districts in the Central region. The purpose of the project is to increase resilience, inclusiveness, and sustainability of income growth in the Feed the Future Zone of Influence. KISAN II will help lead firms, input suppliers, and private sector change agents catalyze agricultural productivity, competitive market systems, a stronger enabling environment, and business and literacy skills for households in two Zones of Influence.
The KISAN II Regional M&E Manager will work under the supervision of the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Director / Senior M&E Manager, technical and M&E staff, and project partners to implement the KISAN M&E and Continual Learning Plan. In addition, s/he will manage M&E staff and systems to track project outputs and outcomes and assess progress in achieving annual and life of project targets. S/he will work closely with the KISAN staff, technical experts, USAID, and project partners to ensure that project performance data is accurate, timely and complete.
- Oversee day-to-day M&E activities and ensure that WIKISAN requirements are met on a timely basis, guide data collection, and manage data
- Provide training to managers, district coordinators, and collaborators in conducting assessments, gender and social analysis and ongoing project monitoring, and data entry into M&E System, querying and generating reports from the M&E System.
- Design survey instruments and conduct field survey activities to track KISAN II’s key performance indicators related to project outcomes
- Ensure field data is collected and entered in a timely manner. This will involve reminding the field staff, reviewing data, making correction, and making sure double data entry is also carried out where necessary.
- Assist in inventorying existing primary and secondary data sources and assessments that may be relevant to this project.
- Participates in subcontractor field visits and audits
- Works closely with the project staff to conduct regular and timely field visits to verify data quality and track data used in analyzing performance and documenting results
- Communicates M&E issues, challenges and questions to M&E coordinator and help to identify solutions
- Assist in designing, compiling and disseminating routine monthly, quarterly and annual data reports and other ad hoc reports.
- Oversee data quality analysis (e.g. field visits, spot checks to assess data accuracy and backup documentation)
- Identify and document potential case study topics and lessons learned
- Support GIS to prepare and produce resource maps of structures and KISAN specific information in original base maps and in updated digital maps of settlements, roads and major land marks.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQURIEMENTS:
Education: Bachelor’s, preferably a master’s, degree in the agriculture, statistic, natural or social sciences or similar field.
Experience: The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Minimum of five years of experience in monitoring and evaluation for agriculture or community development assistance programs in Nepal
- INGO experience is strongly preferred; experience on donor-funded projects (specifically USAID) desired
- The Regional M&E manager must be good at working with team, have good creative analytical skills and communication skills, and the ability to work in a multicultural, post-conflict environment
Other: High level of English and of Nepali is required.
Disclaimer: This position is contingent upon donor approval
|Please check vacancy details.|
|Please check vacancy details|
|09 Aug, 17|
|25 Aug, 17|