HKI programs combat malnutrition, cataract, trachoma, onchocerciasis (river blindness) and refractive error. The goal of all HKI programs is to reduce suffering of those without access to needed health or vision care and ultimately, to help lift people from poverty.
Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Helen Keller International (HKI)/Nepal, an International non-profit organization (INGO) working in nutrition and food security in partnership with the USAID-funded Suaahara & Sabal Program seeks application from qualified, energetic and self- motivated Nepalese citizens for the following position:
Position: Program Manager-Strengthening Systems for Retinopathy of Prematurity
DESCRIPTION: Management (Kathmandu)
REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE:
- Develop a project work-plan and monitoring and evaluation plan.
- Serve as key contact to conduct an assessment survey in three pediatric hospitals.
- Design Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP) hospital assessment tools in consultation with HKI HQ.
- Liaise with Research partner, Research hospitals, governmental and non-governmental organizations, and other partners/Stakeholders as needed.
- Conduct Master training of Trainers (MTOT) for pediatric doctors and nurses.
- Conduct three neonatology training sessions and workshops for pediatric doctors and nurses.
- Conduct different workshops and develop national strategy and guideline on ROP.
- Oversee development of materials communicating findings and lessons learned.
- Masters level in Health Science-Nursing or Medical Doctor or equivalent.
- A pediatrician or senior nurse having 5-7 years’ experience in NICU and/or new-born & infant care research.
- Ability to write /produce the program reports & articles.
- Technical knowledge in areas related to NICU, new-born & infant care.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in systems management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport with external contacts as well as internal colleagues.
- Interested candidates are eligible to apply.
Submission to: Nepal.email@example.com
- A cover letter
- Updated CV
- Minimum of three reference contact details (mobile and e-mail), including current employer
Deadline for Submission: COB March 30, 2017
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the selection process.
Helen Keller International / Nepal promotes workforce with diversity and applies positive discrimination to women candidates and candidates from Dalit, Janajati, Madhesi/ Terai and other minority communities.
|Please check vacancy details|
|15 Mar, 17|
|30 Mar, 17|