Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
Oxford Policy Management is a leading international development organisation, we are successfully delivering projects and providing technical support on large programmes and as a result we are looking to grow our team. We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Consultant within health and nutrition. Your background could include health policy, health planning, health financing, health economics, cost-benefit analysis, results based financing, costing, expenditure review and tracking, surveys and programme evaluation.
As a Senior Consultant you will:
- To lead and manage the cluster of two thematic focal areas (health and nutrition) to achieve their objectives for scientific contribution, impact, reputation and growth, while maintaining an active personal practice of high level consulting assignments
- Contribute to the company's success by developing new work, delivering projects to agreed standards, meeting all financial and other targets and supporting the work of other consultants in the team.
- Deliver projects and carry out other tasks under the direction of the country director in accordance with an agreed annual performance agreement including associated financial and other targets.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Undertake technical work in the field of health policy and planning, health financing and nutrition with a special focus on UHC, involving a range of policy, implementation, research, evaluation and training-related issues, in accordance with required delivery deadlines and OPM quality and report writing standards.
- Maintain coordination with the Director Social Policy Programme (Oxford) and the Portfolio Leaders (Health and Nutrition) in the thematic areas, to ensure primary integration between the global portfolios and OPM Nepal focal teams, on a project and general basis.
- Take a lead role in conducting market analysis and establishing the local networks in health and nutrition sectors.
- Participate in the portfolio’s intellectual capital development activities in the relevant fields as assigned by, or agreed with, the portfolio leader.
- Participate in and manage large and/or strategic company projects.
- Define and achieve the portfolio’s business and financial objectives and targets, ensuring effective collaboration with other teams across the company.
- Foster good relations with clients including donor agencies and partner government ministries, taking an active role in developing new areas of work and potential new relationships through existing or new networks and contacts.
- Contribute as required to general business and technical development activities such as writing articles and participating in other research and publication programmes as required.
- Participate, through programme meetings and by other means, in the general development of the work of the portfolio, the programme and the company in general
- Take a proactive approach to personal and career development by working on projects in other OPM portfolio areas, keeping abreast of latest developments within the portfolio and related technical areas, and taking opportunities to attend internal and external courses as appropriate.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A post-graduate degree in health economics and public health (PhD preferred).
- A high level of technical quantitative research skills.
- Proven consulting or research skills and achievements in areas of personal technical expertise. These might include, but are not necessarily limited to: health policy, health planning, health financing, health economics, cost-benefit analysis, results based financing, costing, expenditure review and tracking, surveys and programme evaluation.
- Experience in developing countries and/or transitional economies.
- Strong communication skills with excellent written and spoken English.
- A collegiate approach to team work
The closing date for applications is Friday 3rd March 2017.
Note: Please visit the link for application procedure: http://www.opml.co.uk/join-us/vacancies
What’s it like working at OPM, and why should you join our growing global organisation? Watch this video to see what our colleagues have to say.
Thank you for considering OPM and we wish you all the best for your application.
|Please check vacancy details.|
|Please check vacancy details|
|14 Feb, 17|
|03 Mar, 17|