Women & Family Counselor (Level- Officer, 6)
“A world where every child is educated, safe and loved” Kopila Valley Sewa Samaj is a non-profit NGO based in Surkhet, Nepal. We have a growing project that provides support for backward and disadvantaged children, families and communities in Nepal. Our mission is to change the world by empowering Nepal’s children. We strive to create an organization working to educate all of Kopila’s children until they are ready to enter the world as happy, skilled, confident and self-sufficient adults. We aim to serve as a model for quality education in Nepal. Our programs include residential children’s homes, women’s empowerment center and family development & of course our beloved school. Through our Kopila Valley School, we have been providing special support to Children as free education, health treatment and medicine, foods, school uniform, seasonal clothes, books & educational materials, school transportation & parental support. With our innovative Futures program, we strive to provide our children with career guidance, scholarships and the skills required to enter the world as global citizens and ambassadors for change. We do this with our funding partner BlinkNow Foundation and through close ties with the local community.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
KOPILA VALLEY SEWA SAMAJ
“A world where every child is educated, safe and loved” Kopila Valley Sewa Samaj is non-profit NGO based in Surkhet, Nepal. We have a growing project that provides support for backward and disadvantaged children, families and communities in the Nepal. Our mission is to change the world by empowering Nepal’s children. We strive to create an organization working to educate all of Kopila’s children until they are ready to enter the world as happy, skilled, confident and self-sufficient adults. We aim to serve as a model for quality education in Nepal. Our programs include residential children’s home, women’s empowerment center and family development & of course our beloved school. Through our Kopila Valley School we have been providing special support to Children as free education, health treatment and medicine, foods, school uniform, educational materials & transportation including parental support. With our innovative Futures program, we strive to provide our children with career guidance, scholarships and the skills required to enter the world as global citizens and ambassadors for change. We do this with our funding partner BlinkNow Foundation and in close ties with the local community.
Women & Family Counselor:- KVSS is looking for a qualified & enthusiastic person to provide psycho-socio counseling support to families suffering from different domestic problem. He/She will support to individuals and family with physical, emotional and mental health issues improve their sense of well‐being. This role requires a desire to learn & offers exciting growth opportunities. This is a full-time position & strong candidates will play a long term role in Kopila Valley.
Details of the Position and requirements
|Position||Women & Family Counselor (Level- Officer, 6)|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor's Degree in Psychology or Bachelors Degree in any discipline with one year's Post-Graduate Diploma in Psychology Counseling, Masters Degree in Psychology is preferred.|
|Experience||3 years relevant experience|
|Language||Fluent in English, Nepali|
|Location||Birendranagar-4 Surkhet, Nepal|
|Contract||1 year; full-time (option for renewal)|
|Probation ||3 Months|
|Benefits||Competitive Salary benefit with, Festival allowance, PF, On-site meals (lunch)|
|Nationality||Nepali citizens only|
|Reports to||Program Manager|
- Working experience in rural/urban poor areas with deprived population and/or dysfunctional families.
- Especially working in the field of Psycho-Socio Counseling is required.
- Strong interest/motivation to work in rural poor areas.
- Sense of confidentiality, willingness to learn new skills and new approach.
- Two wheeler driving skill with valid driving license is preferred.
- Skills, including experience using MS word, word-processing and e-mail.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Experience and/or qualification in psychosocial counseling.
- Experience of work in the community with children and family.
- Experience in Family Development/support/strengthening Program.
- Require critical thinking, time-management skills; interpersonal and communication skills; good physical condition; flexible scheduling.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Health & Wellness Program
- Managing crises as and when they arise
- Utilizing key relationships with government agencies and other partner organizations when necessary
- Reporting to the Health & Wellness Manager on all activities and cases as required
- Contributing to the creation of key policies as required
- Provide individual and family counseling to participants of Family Development Program
- Provide individual and group counseling for Big Sister’s Home at least once per week.
- Provide ad hoc counseling sessions for community members experiencing severe circumstances
- Lead planning & execution of Community Awareness programs regarding important health and safety topics.
- Develop network and strengthen relationships with other organizations providing similar services.
- Stay updated with current happenings in legal and administrative procedures of the social sector.
- Perform home visits whenever required.
- Support in the documentation and curriculum development for mental health interventions provided to families through FDP.
- Providing training and outreach to students, women, guardians, and community members as required.
Women Empowerment Center
- Plan for major empowerments topics with the team head and support in its implementation.
- Provide counseling to active participants and graduates, and families in individual and group settings.
- Create and manage case files of each women’s that includes background, demographic data, needs, progress, and a clear action plan using women’s center format. Keep cases confidential at all times unless safety issues arise.
- Document accurate and honest case stories of each trainee for marketing materials that tracks their progress through our program without violating participant’s personal rights.
- Provide individualized counseling for each women.
- Provide support for legal cases, conflict mediation and wellness checks.
- Make referral to another organization if the trainee feels any type of violence.
- Workout for new training topics and support in implementation of the training in coordination and collaboration with wards and municipality.
- Support the coordination with partners, including external trainers, NGOs, government offices, local women’s groups and others.
- Support WC events, including arranging speakers and trainers, arranging participants, managing attendance and record keeping.
- Support in admission and graduation process of the trainee.
- Facilitate and support in community outreach programs.
- Provide detailed monthly reports, including a list of all counseling and coordination activities, an overview of critical cases, and challenges encountered in day-to-day work.
- Be warm, kind, and supportive of all WC trainees, building a trusting relationship and providing a safe environment for the women.
- Be discreet and private when handling all Women’s cases.
- Support WC staff in evaluating the WC’s successes and weakness to ensure the program evolves to fit current social and political environments and is the most relevant and useful to incoming trainees.
- Undertake any other duties delegated by Organization.
Qualified and Interested Nepali individuals are requested to submit their recent updated CV and cover letter describing why the applicant would be suitable for the position at firstname.lastname@example.org before 13 Nov 2020. The candidates should indicate their expected salary in the application. For the further information and details JD can request through HR@kopilavalley.org and phone 083-412230. Shortlisted candidates will be called for further process; no telephone inquiries will be entertained. Please mention the title of the position on the subject of the e-mail while applying.