Vacancy Call For CSE Detailed Curricula Consultant
Detailed Job description / requirements:
CSE Detailed Curricula Consultant
The Right Here Right Now (RHRN) program aims to improve the protection, respect and fulfilment of the sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) of young people. The program is implemented in 10 low- and middle-income countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America, and in the Caribbean sub-region. The activities focus on: freedom from stigma, discrimination and violence; access to comprehensive youth-friendly services; access to comprehensive information; and space for young people’s voices. At the global level, the program is a strategic partnership between Rutgers, the Asian-Pacific Resource and Research Centre for Women (ARROW), CHOICE for Youth and Sexuality (CHOICE), Dance4life, HIVOS, International Planned Parenthood Federation African Region (IPPF AR), the Latin American and Caribbean Women’s Health Network (LACWHN) and the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs
RHRN Nepal platform is a unique partnership model among 15 diverse civil society organizations (CSOs) and networks based in five districts that is committed to joint national and sub-national including regional and global advocacy on issues around legalization of Marriage Equality, Safe Abortion and Comprehensive Sexuality Education.
YUWA serves as the platform host for this strategic partnership, which is a youth-led and youth-run organization. The platform secretariat is responsible for sub-granting and all the administrative and financial management of the overall project.
We are looking for a qualified individual, who will develop a detailed CSE curricula for grade 1-12 based on the draft CSE curricula Framework which will be provided by YUWA.
(P.S. please note by detailed curriculum we mean the development of a document which explains the content of the framework in detail i.e. similar to a text book)
Time Frame: The total contract time will be for 40 days i.e. August 10th, 2020 to September 18th, 2020
Comprehensive Sexuality Education (CSE) consultant is expected to deliver the following by the specified deadline i.e. within the contract period:
- Review the CSE curriculum framework
- Finalize the CSE curriculum framework
- Draft and finalize the detailed curriculum in both Nepali and English
Roles and responsibilities
- Critically analyze current Sexuality Education curriculum with regards to ITGSE
- Conduct FGDs, KII, meetings with relevant stakeholder
- Facilitate meetings and consultations with YUWA, CSE working group under Right Here Right Now Nepal and relevant government and non-government stakeholders
- Review the CSE curriculum framework developed by YUWA.
- Draft and finalized detailed CSE Curricula for Grade 1-12 (both in Nepali and English)
Essential and Relevant Experience
- Bachelors or advanced university degree in social sciences or relevant discipline (10 points)
- 3-5 years of working experience in Comprehensive Sexuality Education. (20 points)
- Works from a Human Rights Based approach and Evidence Based Approach (10 points)
- Has a progressive stance on sexual and reproductive health and rights, specifically young people’s sexual rights and diversity (20 points)
- Is youth-friendly and has non-discriminatory attitudes towards working with young people (15 points)
- Strong writing skills with ability to present in a style that is accessible to readers (15 points)
- Proficiency both in English and Nepali (10 points)
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications at email@example.com by 5:00 pm,4th August 2020.
1. Letter of Interest (Cover Letter) and an updated Curriculum Vitae of the consultant
2. Sample of one or two previous consultancy reports produced by the individual consultants/ firm (as a research lead)
3. Detailed draft consultancy plan consisting of:
- Description and roles of research team members
- Work plan/time frame including methodology and deliverables
- Budget breakdown
Please clearly indicate subject line of the email as An application for CSE Curriculum Consultant.
Qualified women candidates, people with disabilities, and minorities are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the selection process.