TOR For Youth Champions
Detailed Job description / requirements:
TOR For Youth Champions
YUWA is established in 2009 which is a registered, a not-for-profit, purely youth-run and youth led organization working to promote youth participation through empowerment and advocacy. YUWA was born out of a group of committed youths, working in various social sectors since 2005. The initial focus was to develop leadership skills of involved youths or to get trained as a youth activist and advocate for change, thus resulting into a wide and diverse array of knowledge, skills, and experience in this sector. It led to the realization of the seriousness of youth issues and the need to act, which, finally took the shape of YUWA. The word “YUWA” has its roots in the Nepali language referring to youths. The key mission of the organization is to empower youth to strengthen their involvement in various socio-political issues and commitment for change. Also, YUWA advocates for sustainable engagement of youths of all backgrounds at all levels.
YUWA is conducting a project on “Increasing Youth Access to Safe abortion Services through Stigma Reduction in Nepal” a project that aims to reduce unsafe abortion and related morbidity and mortality for girls and young women through increased access to safe abortion-related information and services in Birgunj Metropolitan city, of Parsa District. Along with youth empowerment and strengthening their involvement in different training session, the project seeks changes in the knowledge, attitude, and perception among people regarding safe abortion. YUWA is looking for a Youth Champions (Volunteer) to work in its PPNGHIAK project to support in intervention implementation.
3. SCOPE OF WORK
- Participants should attend all the related trainings and orientation on safe abortion
- Actively participate in all the sessions during the ideation phase and generate innovative ideas to increase young people’s access to safe abortion services
- Prepare the detailed action plan to implement innovative interventions at community level with the support of other Youth Champions and project staffs
- Coordinate and run different social media campaigns related to safe abortion
- Conduct discussion programs with adolescent girls, at community level about safe abortion
- Submit monthly activities report and update to Local Coordinator and Project officer and attend bi monthly meetings
- Implement the developed intervention with the support of other Youth Champions and project staffs
- Contribute during the time of evaluation phase of this project
- Ensure goodwill and welfare of the organization and follow its core values
- Attend organizational meetings and abide by all organizational policies
- Conduct different YUWA’s program related to safe abortion
Reports to: Program Assistant
Duration: 7 Months
Expected starting Date: 1st July 2022
Duty Station: Birgunj
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals and ensure the policies, guidelines, and values of YUWA are strictly adhered to. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decisions, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect their own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Planning and organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Allocates an appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions, as necessary. Uses time efficiently.
Adapt to Y-culture: YUWA is a youth led youth run organization and we maintain youth culture and meaning youth participation in all our programs. We expect the potential candidate to adapt and comply with the Y-culture.
Inclusive: Respectful and affirmative towards individuals of diverse backgrounds including sex, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, physical abilities, orientation, geographies, etc. Encourages inclusive and friendly workplace etiquette and practices non-discrimination.
If you meet all the criteria mentioned in the Job Description, please send us your CV along with your cover letter at email@example.com
All shortlisted candidates will be invited to the interview round. GESI groups females, Dalit, other Indigenous/minorities and Local and differently able are highly encouraged to apply. Due to the high number of applicants, individual feedback requests will not be entertained
|Category||Development and Project|
|Experience||Please check details below.|
|Education||Please check details below.|
|Posted Date||06 Jun, 2022|
|Apply Before||05 Jul, 2022|