TERMS OF REFERENCE for Life Saving Equipment Purchase
Detailed Job description / requirements:
TERMS OF REFERENCE
for Life Saving Equipment Purchase
1. INTRODUCTION AND CONTEXT
Nepal Red Cross Society Siraha (NRCS Siraha) district chapter was established in 1985 to work on humanitarian assistance and development fields following NRCS constitution. NRCS has been supporting the disaster affected or needy people and households in the district with different programs related to relief, response and recovery, community-based disaster risk reduction, community development, livelihood, community health and WASH, early warning etc. NRCS Siraha is the District Lead Support Agency (DLSA) for providing necessary and coordination to the local government in disaster preparedness, response and recovery, disaster information management, documentation and reporting.
SAKSHAM, a two-year program financially supported by United States Agency for International Development – Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance (USAID/BHA) and technically supported by Lutheran World Relief (LWR) is focused in strengthening resilience of the most vulnerable and marginalized communities in Saptari and Siraha with primary focus on Risk Management Policy and Practice, Agriculture and Food Security and Economic Recovery and Market Systems. Risk Management Policy and Practice will support municipal wards and communities in DRR plans, policies and activities designed to strengthen preparedness, risk mitigation, response and recovery capacities. Similarly, Agriculture and Food Security will ensure that the marginalized and subsistence farmers in the area have increased knowledge, skills and access to climate smart agriculture practices that reduces losses due to adverse climatic conditions and increases their productivity to support in food security and income generation. The Economic Recovery and Market Systems shall link the flood vulnerable farmers to market system and safety nets (insurance, saving and credit, supply chain etc.) for strengthening financial resilience for better preparedness, response and recovery. The holistic approach on community resilience includes better coordination and partnership among the communities, local government and private sectors for disaster risk reduction and management.
NRCS Siraha as an implementing partner of SAKSHAM is responsible for overall management and delivery of the project at local level; 3 municipalities, 9 wards and 18 communities. NRCSSiraha under SAKSHAM program is looking for registered suppliers or companies for the supply of life saving equipment as mention in annex 1.
2. BID PURPOSE
The purpose of this bid is to procure lifesaving equipment that meet the quality standards and requirements.
The specific purpose of the bid can be summarized as:
- To provide high standard quality of the product.
- To distribute equipment to build resilience of community.
3. DELIVERABLES AND TASKS:
The major deliverables and tasks of the bidder shall be
- To supply the lifesaving equipment as mention in annex 1
- It shall be the responsibility of the bidder to ensure quality of the product.
- The bidder should be able to provide the required quantity of product in given time period.
4. ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
NRCS shall be responsible for providing type, specification, and required documentation to the bidder.
Bidder: The bidder is responsible for overall delivery of the quality of lifesaving equipment.
5. BUDGET, TIMELINE, AND DAYS REQUIRED
- It shall be procured on a price competitive basis considering the time of delivery, quality of product and documentation requirement.
- The payment to the supplier shall be made at least 10 days after receiving the invoice.
- The price quoted in the bid should be valid for at least one year from the date of the bid.
6. CONSULTANT QUALIFICATIONS AND APPLICATION PROCEDURES
Interested companies or suppliers are requested to submit a complete bid document as given in the attachment along with
- Registration certificate (as applicable)
- Profile of the consultancy clearly highlight experiences of similar work
- Tax clearance certificate
- Supporting documents of evidence as appropriate
The bidder willing to make a bid can send the complete set of (sealed) documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or handed over to the reception of NRCS Siraha office, Siraha by 16 April 2021 within office time. The potential bidders can request for any further clarification on the information by email to email@example.com or call at 033-521077.