Terms of Reference
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Terms of Reference
Consultancy opportunities to develop short video on Sustainable Service Initiatives implementation process
Welthungerhilfe (WHH) is one of Germany’s leading non-governmental organizations with a dual mandate in both development cooperation and emergency response. WHH works to create a world in which all people can exercise their right to a self-determined life in dignity and justice, free from hunger and poverty. To bring justice for all, WHH partners with the civil society organizations in the countries where it operates, and currently the agency is partnering with over 100 local partners from 37 countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America (www.welthungerhilfe.de).
WHH has been operational in Nepal since 2012, and currently managing different projects in eleven districts under four thematic areas (sectors): food and nutrition security, WASH and Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR); and right to food and empowerment. WHH works hand in hand with civil society in Nepal to empower socially marginalized and economically poor citizens to reinforce their resilience and to ensure their right to adequate food and nutrition.
2. Project background:
The project entitled “Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) promotion amongst marginalized communities in hilly region of Chitwan (NPL1032)” is implementing in Chitwan districts through our implementing partner Rural Reconstruction Nepal (RRN). The overall objective of the project is to strengthen WASH governance at palika level and to ensure availability and sustainable management of WASH services. Apart from the WASH facilities improvements, the project closely works with palikas to strengthen amongst others WASH systems through capacity development, palika-led life cycle costed WASH plan formulation, establishing monitoring systems as guided by WHH’s Sustainable Service Initiatives (SSI) programme.
3. Objective of the assignment: Produce a short high-quality video (maximum 2 minutes) and extended video up to 7-8 minutes (with English subtitle) highlighting WHH’s way of working to strengthen the WASH systems at palika level through its sustainable service initiatives programme.
4. Methods: Consultant should propose an appropriate methodology in advance. To come up with a methodology, the consultant will review relevant project documents shared by WHH such as proposal, progress reports, events proceedings, videos/photos. The consultant will prepare a broad storyline and follow up with field visits to capture video footages and bites, and where applicable use animation. The final content will be drafted in close consultation with WHH.
Desk review and meeting with project team: this includes a review of project documents such as proposal, progress reports, videos/photos, key milestones achieved in the project, meeting with key project staffs.
Develop a storyline: prepare a draft storyline, including key contents to present to WHH, key persons to be interviewed, animation to be used and integrate input and feedback from WHH. WHH will provide guidance where needed before it is finalized.
Field visit: to collect video and interview bites from project sites (partner staffs facilitates the field visits), and to collect also photographs.
Video edit and finalization: video edits, narration, translation will be drafted by the consultant and presented to WHH for input and feedback that will be integrated into the final version compiled by the consultant.
5. Expected outputs: Two short videos: One short video (maximum 2 minutes) that highlights a summary of WHH way ofworking in system strengthening taking a municipality as an example. Another extended video with 7-8 minutes that includes other associated project achievements at individual HHs/community level.
- Inception report explaining detailed approach, methodology and timeline.
- Storyline in Nepali with English translation
- A copy of videos in high resolution, including appropriate format and size to be used in social media/website in a CD and pen drive.
6. Requirements of consultant(s):
- At least Bachelor’s degree in development communication, development studies, journalism, or equivalent degree.
- She/he most have +5 years of working experience in videography, development communication, journalism and/or video story collection in development field with a record of providing high-quality and creative video documentary and case stories.
- She/he must have prior work experience with or working for international development organizations and familiarity with development and humanitarian programmes/issues.
- She/he must have skills and experience in video editing, digital animation, and designing contents for social media and websites.
- She/he must have experience in developing a storyline in both Nepali and English languages.
7. Time and Duration of the Assignment
The assignment is expected to be accomplished by 11 June 2021. The assignment will be effective in action from the day of signing of awarded contract. The assignment should not exceed more than 30 working days (including preparatory work, field visit, and video editing/finalization).
8. Budget requirement
Consultant(s)/consulting firm are requested to propose the required budget in a given financial proposal template below.
|Lead video grapher|
|Facilitator (content writing & narration)|
|Travel & accommodation cost 1|
|Sub total (B)|
9. Deadline for proposal
The interested and qualified consultant/ consulting firm must submit their technical and financial proposal, including legal documents (registration & tax clearance in case of consulting firm and PAN/Vat registration card for individual) and CVs of key personals by 17:00 hours (COB) dated 06 May 2021 via email address given below:
Please note that the selected consultants/consulting firm should adhere with WHH SOP for development project in context of COVID19 and government protocols regarding COVID19 prevention. The field plan may differ considering the current COVID19 scenario.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for further evaluation process. Welthungerhilfe Nepal reserves all the rights to reject any or all application without assigning any reasons.