TENDER NOTICE - Consultancy Service for Digital Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA)
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Consultancy Service for Digital Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA)
Terms of Reference (TOR)
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is an international humanitarian organization aims to alleviate poverty, provide disaster relief, and promote sustainable development in vulnerable communities around the world. Our work is guided by Islamic values of compassion, empathy, and service to humanity. With an active presence in over 45 countries across the globe, IR strives to make the world a better and fairer place for the three billion people still living in poverty. Since 1984, IRW has helped millions of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people. Inspired by the Islamic faith and guided by Islamic values, IRW believes that people with wealth have a duty to those less fortunate – regardless of race, political affiliation, gender, or belief.
IRW projects provide poor people with access to vital services and protect communities, women and children from/during disasters and deliver life-saving emergency aid. It provides lasting routes out of poverty and empowers vulnerable people to transform their lives and their communities. IRW supported local partners immediately after the Gorkha Earthquake 2015 to address the Emergency and recovery needs of the most affected population and since then IR in Nepal (IRN) is presently working through local implementing partners in Bara, Rautahat, Rasuwa, Sarlahi, Mahottari, Kapilvastu, and Rupandehi districts though its various humanitarian and development projects. IRN is affiliated with Social Welfare Council as an International Non-Government Organization.
Apart from its regular program, IR Nepal also implements seasonal programs as Ramadan, Quarbani and Winterization support to provide humanitarian support targeting the needs of the vulnerable communities living below poverty line and in need regardless of their race, religion, or ethnicity. Seasonal projects of IRN may vary depending on the needs of the communities we serve and the time of year. For example, during the month of Ramadan, IRN may focus on providing food assistance to vulnerable communities and during the winter season, distribution of warm clothing, blankets, and other essential supplies to the people affected by cold wave. The preferred modality for the distribution of the food and commodities assistance under various seasonal programs is cash and voucher modality (CVA).
To make the cash and value voucher assistance (CVA) process more efficient, IRN is seeking a transfer service provider (TSP) for the effective implementation of its seasonal projects during 2023 focusing on the electronic value / commodity voucher. Thus the major objective of the assignment is
- To provide consultation and technical assistance to IR Nepal in order to establish and execute digital CVA in its various seasonal projects.
- To provide appropriate software platform to manage a database of participants, tracking of the transactions and visual dashboard to tack the project progress of IRN seasonal projects.
Role or scope of Consultancy Firm:
Role of TSP, while supporting to establish digital CVA in IRNs various seasonal project, includes the
- Maintain database of the beneficiaries strictly maintaining confidentiality personal and other program data. Design and print Quick Response (QR) cards to value/commodity voucher for program beneficiaries with unique identification number and track the beneficiary accordingly.
- Support to build the technical capacity of IR Nepal and its local implementation partners staff to execute card-based technology service to facilitate better services to the beneficiaries.
- Provide facilitation service, in coordination with partners and IR Nepal project staff, in the districts related to technical matters of CVA, especially during the entire distribution process, of various events.
- Provide orientation to the vendor and staffs on using mobile application, as required.
- Provide day to day the dispatch and transaction reports to IR Nepal staff and partners, to monitor the transactions throughout the entire distribution process, report any suspicious activities, and rectify the issues as appropriate.
- Provide project completion report to IR Nepal after completion of every projects.
Qualification for Consultancy Firm
- At least 3 years of experience in electronic voucher systems development including Mobile App and Web development for cash-based programming.
- Experience in digital implementing Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) program preferably with INGOs in Nepal
- In-house software development team.
- Experience of working in a humanitarian country context with a focus on CVA digitalization
Interested firms and agencies are mandatory to submit the following documents by 20 March 2023, before 17.00 hrs with the subject REF: Digital Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) 2023 to email@example.com
i) Interested agencies are requested to submit their proposals containing the following:
- Interpretation and understanding of the terms of reference
- Capability statement, the scope of work (Profiles of the team members demonstrating their academic and professional qualifications and experiences in similar work profiles of the team members).
- References from previous clients
- Financial proposal – Detailed budget breakdown including appropriate cost. The target may vary in each seasonal program (Nutritional Food Support/Winterization Support) _considering the nature and concept of the project.
- For 2023 Nutritional food support program the target is 2500 HHs (possible addition 2000 HHs) across two district (four municipalities, Madhesh Province)
- Professional fees including appropriate government taxes.
ii) Evidence of work experience in the humanitarian and development sector in designing CVA programs and SOPs. (2 samples)
- For firms/agencies following additional documents must be submitted:
- Agency profile (not more than 3 page)
- Valid certificate of company registration
- Valid copy of tax registration certificate
- Tax clearance certificate
Islamic Relief Worldwide, Country Office Nepal
House no. 482, Kumaripati-5 (Near United Academy)
Lalitpur Metropolitan City, Nepal
Contact no: +977 1 5537610
|Category||Development and Project, Expression of Interest|
|Education||Please check details below.|
|Posted Date||07 Mar, 2023|
|Apply Before||20 Mar, 2023|