Team leader/ Fund manager/ Public Financial Management technical expert
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Chemonics Ads for Nepal Climate Change Support Programme
Chemonics International seeks to fill two senior positions for an anticipated DFIDfundedproject based in Kathmandu, Nepal. The purpose of the overall activity is to mainstream inclusive climate resilience in development planning, improve management of diverse sources of climate finance by municipalities, and allow vulnerable communities to benefit from effective service delivery that improves climate resilience. In particular, this programme focuses on the management and distribution of the financial resources thatdeliver climate-resilient projects and build the capacity of local government to plan and manage climate funds.
1. Team leader/ Fund manager
- In-depth practical knowledge and experience with the operating environment of Federal and local Nepali governments, post Federalism
- Oversee the management, distribution and reconciliation of climate fund financial aid to municipal governments
- Assess possible fiduciary risks and implement strategies to mitigate risk
- Conduct regular audits to safeguard distribution of funds to municipal governments
- Lead capacity development efforts of municipal governments to plan for and manage climate funds directly
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation and knowledge management
- Deliver climate resilient interventions in partnership with local governments
- Engage with all levels of government, the private sector and other project stakeholders
- Provide guidance, instruction, direction and leadership to the team
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all in-country project activities
- Minimum 15 years of project management experience in donor-funded and/or international programmes;
- Minimum 10 years of experience in technical areas such as public financial management, grant management, contract oversight, financial aid payments (for climate change initiatives, preferred but not required);
- Experience with financial oversight, financial risk management, financial budgeting and record-keeping
- Experience managing programmes ranging in size and complexity, DFID or other donor-funded contracts;
- Experience supervising host country local personnel and multiple in-country project offices;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with culturally and geographically diverse staff;
- Ability to develop relationships with implementing TA supplier other DFID programmes and stakeholders(particularly with local, provincial and federal government officials);
- Professional proficiency in English required; Nepali suggested.
2. Public Financial Management technical expert
- Provide support and technical assistance to the Fund Manager and municipal governments for the distribution, tracking, receipt, audit and risk management of grant funds;
- Support the development of the PFM management training material according to updated SOPs and the implementation of the PFM trainings to local governments;
- Conduct regular field visits to oversee capacity building activities, audit financial payments;
- Investigate and analyze financial payments for accuracy and risk mitigation;
- Support monitoring and evaluation and knowledge management efforts;
- Support risk assessment activities and capacity building of local governments.
- Minimum 6 years’ demonstrated experience in public financial management, risk assessments, public expenditure management, budget planning, establishment of financial systems and controls, computerized accounting systems, financial accounting and auditing;
- Experience with donor-funded financial management/capacity building programmes and procedures;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- High attention to detail;
- Master’s degree in financial management or relevant subject related to PFM;
- Professional proficiency in English and Nepali required.
Please send your CV and cover letter on a rolling basis no later than September 20th, 2019 to NepalinBusinessRecruit@chemonics.com. Please include title of position applied to in the subject line. Only finalists will be contacted.