Team Lead - Senior Java Developer
Verisk Nepal is the software development and information technology (IT) service support center for Verisk Analytics. Weâ€™re a dedicated team of software and IT professionals who provide technical support to Veriskâ€™s businesses. At Verisk Nepal, we help our internal clients focus on their business solutions while we focus on the technology. Verisk Nepal is a wholly owned subsidiary of ISO, a Verisk Analytics business.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Qualification and Experience
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- At least 5 years of professional experience in Java based application development
- Lead new and existing applications along with enhancements, services and infrastructure.
- Perform hands-on coding while designing and architecting web application/content/search solutions.
- Serve as a liaison between local and onsite team.
- Provide technical guidance to junior programmers and other software engineers.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Must have a passion for development and latest technologies
- Leadership and ability to guide design and technical meetings
- Excellent understanding of object-oriented design concepts and software development processes and methods.
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
- Superior organization skills, skilled at recognizing priorities and keeping a team focused on most important features
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain mid-level to complex applications.
- Mandatory skills – the person must be STRONG in each discipline and will have to explain in detail
- Working experience or good understanding of Microservices Architecture
- Experience in cloud and serverless technology (preferably AWS) would be a major plus point
- Proficient experience working with Maven, Jenkins, Chef, CodeDeploy, Bamboo, Octopus or any CI/CD tools and deep understand of continuous integration/continuous delivery. Willing and able to work with DevOps team and contribute to CI/CD
- Experience working in an Agile development process
- Knowledge of AWS LAMBDA and monitoring tools such as Solar winds and New Relic would be a plus
To apply, click on the following link: