Sr. Database Engineer
Founded in 2014, UXCam strives to be the best qualitative analysis tool for apps worldwide. We are providing a product that advances the way our customers think about their User Experience. To do this, we are searching for the best talents around the globe, while having a culture that supports open feedback and constant improvement. We are a U.S. based C-corp with subsidiaries in England and Nepal. We are proudly backed by prominent Silicon valley investors including 500 Startups. Learn more about us: https://uxcam.com/about
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Why Choose UXCam
UXCam is the market leader in app-experience analytics. We are an international company with main offices in Berlin and Kathmandu, and backed by prominent Silicon Valley investors including 500 Startups.
You will have the opportunity to have an impact on a mature start-up with flat hierarchies on a hyper-growth stage. We provide a dynamic work environment in the center of Kathmandu and a perfect platform to learn and progress your career.
UXCam actively promotes diversity and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation.
Ensuring an outstanding user experience is key to success in today’s highly competitive digital markets. Every successful organization is in the business of delivering User Experience. On the foundation of these beliefs, we at UXCam developed a solution that helps enterprises to deliver the perfect app - by understanding their users.
Brands such as OLX, Nissan, Delivery.com and TaskRabbit are using UXCam to deliver the best digital experiences and drive amazing business results.
UXCam enables companies to track user experience and pinpoint issues enabling them to make informed decisions about future improvements. Our product includes:
Mobile SDK library: iOS, Android and Cross-platform SDK to record user experience data on the app
Dashboard: to get actionable insight through easy-to-use visual tools (Session Replay, Heat-maps, User Analysis)
UXCam is the market leader in mobile experience analytics, empowering organizations to easily understand, optimize and deliver an optimal user experience. To achieve this we are recording, processing and storing billions of data points that are being recorded on mobile devices and sent to our servers every month, and due to our increasing customer base this data load is constantly growing.
We are looking for an outstanding database engineer who can manage, optimize and extend the distributed database engine (CitusDB/Postgres) which powers our analytical dashboard and the product. The major responsibilities include:
- Design schemas, review existing schema, develop data models and maintain documentation of the database and data structures
- Optimize schema and queries for analytical data which includes graphs and funnels producing result in sub-second latency
- Plan, design, and optimize for data throughput and query performance issues
- Provide database support to include creating databases, tables, triggers, queries, reports and troubleshooting assistance in collaboration with software developers
- Setup, deploy and manage the database cluster in the cloud
- Configure and tune PostgreSQL database core parameters to ensure the sound health and efficiency of the database
- Setup/extend database monitoring dashboard for detailed visibility on the health and performance of the system
- Regularly monitor and supervise database usage and scale system accordingly
- Ensure proper database backup strategies and redundancy for failover protection, preventing data loss and recovery
- Implement security policies and ensure that credentials are properly handled
- Constantly review and improve the Citus database architecture to ensure scalability and high performance while keeping down the costs
- Research on new trends and ensure that we use the best available technologies
- Assist, train, and guide fellow team members
Required Knowledge/Skills and Experience:
- Hands-on experience (4+ years) as a Database Engineer or similar role working with PostgreSQL (or other SQL databases )
- Strong proficiency with SQL queries
- Experience on troubleshooting and resolving performance issues, database integrity issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, connectivity issues etc
- Experience with performance tuning and optimization using monitoring tools
- Experience working with high volume data
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding supervision, mentorship abilities - leading a substantive area of work, or line management of a team.
- Capacity to foster a healthy, stimulating work environment that frequently harnesses teamwork.
Nice to have:
- Experience with deploying and managing database on AWS (or any) cloud
- Ability to code in any of the modern programming languages
- Lunch at office
- Flexible working hours
- Knowledge sharing Opportunity
- Attractive Salary
- Annual, Monthly and Quarterly Events
- PF, Gratuity and Medical Benefits
- Learning and Development Opportunities
Please APPLY HERE
Visit our Career Page for other opportunities.