Sponsorship Quality Control Officer
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Job Vacancy: Sponsorship Quality Control Officer
Published Date: 27th September 2022
Welfare Association for Children Tikapur (WACT) (बाल कल्याण संघटिकापुर) is a non-government organization working in the areas of child well-being, community health, education, peace and transformational development since 1996. WACT is seeking to recruit competent, committed, self-motivated and enthusiastic candidates for the following positions for Integrated Protection and Community Engagement Project, Inclusive & Quality Education Project KISHORI and NARI Project project being implemented in partnership with World Vision International Nepal (WVIN).
WACT is seeking to recruit competent, committed, self-motivated and enthusiastic candidates for the following positions for Community Engagement & Sponsorship Plan (CESP) Project, Inclusive & Quality and Education Project in partnership with World Vision International Nepal (WVIN).
Job Title: Sponsorship Quality Control Officer (SQCO)- 1 Position
Position Description: The purpose of this position is to manage and control quality of all sponsorship core business processes of the AP. This position is expected to ensure sponsorship minimum programming standard, sponsorship programming tools and adherence to Sponsorship standards while implementing sponsorship activities. It requires to manage the Sponsorship Systems desktop application and data management to ensure the quality of data and efficient management of sponsorship systems. It also requires to ensure the quality control and management of correspondences and all photos and videos production in sponsorship. This is an office-based position but will involve frequent visits to the communities for monitoring of registered children and mobilisers to check the quality of sponsorship business activities. Regular and direct communication with Sponsorship Field Coordinators for sponsorship related matters would have to be done. Beside regular communication with implementing partners, this position requires to lead and supervise the work of CESP mobilisers with regards to Sponsorship Business processes.
The incumbent strives in empowering community groups, households and institutions to address and manage the issues to sustain. The local resources are managed well to effectively run the project interventions for a longer run.
This position requires to be innovative and problem-solving skills to adapt to changes and multiple priorities. Along with this, the incumbent requires to integrate with other sectors and cross cutting themes to yield broader impact more effectively and efficiently.
Reports to: Program Manager
- Ensure that Sponsorship Operations Indicator (SOI) reports are green and plan follow up action in case of variance
- RC records and files are well managed, scanned and stored securely
- Support field mobilizers to conduct and produce quality periodic mailings Annual Progress Report (APR), Seasonal Greetings cards and Child Expression Worksheets.
- Facilitate in the processing of all special mails; Seasonal Greetings cards, Spontaneous letters, APR, introductory letters within deadline.
- Develop child monitoring plan to ensure that all RCs are physically sighted within 90 days as required by the standard as well as all RC’s Child Wellbeing is monitored every 180 days
- Ensure sponsor gifts/letters are well received from respective FO/ WV National Office (NO), verify the CCF and acknowledge the shipment
- Sorting out the mails received from Field Office/NO as per community, process in Horizon (change route code), translate into Nepali and pass to respective field mobilizers within standard turnaround time and regular follow-up with courier for timely and safe dispatch of all correspondences to and from Field Office/NO
- Verify and file all correspondence log sheet sent to FO/ WV National Office
- Know correspondence standards, timeline and technical requirements and accordingly build the capacity of field mobilizers on that
- Translations of letters as per its requirement
- Maintain confidentiality of address of sponsors and children, other sensitive information and make sure these are not exchange unless and without mutual agreement between World Vision Nepal and Support Office
- Sent all reply letters (IL, EL, FL, RL and GAL) to Field Office after proper review.
- Ensure delivery of 100% APR/CEW and Seasonal Greeting cards on standard timeline
- Ensure all the Digital Correspondences are processed on time in field with quality assured
- Ensure that all the Sponsorship 2.0 products (photos and Videos) have met latest sponsorship rich media standards and quality
- Systematically manage all the Sponsorship 2.0 products received from CESP field mobilizers from Horizon mobile and upload in sponsorship system ensuring its quality and timeliness.
- Analyze and share reports on all child and community contents photos and videos productions timely to implementing partners and WVIN timely.
- Ensure sponsor visits are hosted as per the standard and requirement.
- Communicate and respond to queries related to 2.0 timely.
- Support in delivering updated sponsorship messages to implementing partners and communities.
- New growth entries: first level verification, Validation of CH forms with Birth Certificates.
- Participation/Support/Benefits entries: Co-ordinate with Commcare entry focal person of District for similarity and uniform numbers in both Horizon and Commcare
- Report the issue/bugs/discrepancies in Horizon (Mobile/ Desktop) immediately to Data Analysts of Field office.
- Update the Horizon to the latest version (Mobile/Desktop) and monitor and regulate the operation of Horizon Devices smoothly.
A. Academic Qualification, Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any relevant field with at least two years’ experience in Development Sector.
B. Sector Knowledge, Skills & Work Environment
- Strategic alignment
- Good time management and organizing skills
- Good communication and data management skills
- Skill on English to Nepali and Nepali to English Translation
- Skill on web-based data base
- Proven experience as a team player
- Knowledge of World Vision’s Program and organizational policies and standards, including Child Sponsorship standards – Preferred
- Understanding of poverty issues, development theories and sustainable development practices and knowledge on child rights. – Essential
- Leadership quality to provide technical leadership and critical guidance in enabling understanding, monitoring and managing sponsorship activities in the district. – Essential
- Computer and Technology skills; Good computer skills including Word, Excel, Power Point and Data Management- Essential
- Latest technology friendly (Use of Smart phones, tablets) - Essential
- People management skills, facilitation, mentoring and coaching skills- Essential
- Effective written & oral communications skills presentation and reporting skills – Essential
- Willingness to work beyond work hours during sponsorship peak business hours – Essential
C. Project Management:
- Integration - Good interpersonal and strong coordination skills to partner and influence Sponsorship Integration with other sectors
- Risk management – Identify potential risk in implementing sponsorship activities, plan, and support in preparing and implementing sponsorship risk management
- Reporting – Provide accurate data and information related to registered children and sponsorship activities and ensure reports are shared timely.
- Data Management - Keep records and tracks of registered children’s data and participation, analyze and share the reports
- Integrated workforce management to be more strategic and effective in delivering results
- Lead in effective governance, child & adult safe organization compliances & are practiced well
D. Capacity Building
- Be Capacitated and ensure staffs are capacitated on:
- CSBO (Child Sponsorship Basic Orientation)
- SBT4DP (Sponsorship Basic Training for Development Programs)
- Sponsorship 2.0 (Photos & Videos)
- Sponsorship data and system (Horizon SSUI)
- Quality correspondence, process and standards
- Meaningful and fun sponsorship activities for children
- Conduct periodic staff performance appraisals against the set performance objectives contributing to Project deliverables with proper performance management system in place
E. M&E & Networking
- Lead sponsorship monitoring activities and address the issues identified timely
- Support in SIP reflection, PQSR and AP Annual Community Review Planning processes
- Good coordination and collaboration with FO/NO sponsorship, finance, SCM and courier for smooth and quick services
- Management of internal and external relationships required in sponsorship operations that facilitates the satisfaction of children, families, communities and sponsors/donors
F. Relationship Management:
- Advocacy and other profiling
- Team cohesion
G. Child and adult safeguarding and sponsorship business
- Manage all the working environment in office & working areas are child and adult sensitive
- Guide the team and organization in managing protection related matters appropriately
- Support the organization in complying with all child and adult safe guarding policies, requirements and audits
- Manage all the sponsorship businesses as per the protocols and guidance provided by WVIN
- Registered children participation is well reflected in the provided reporting platforms
- Ensure operationalization of World Vision’s Child Sponsorship standards, Development Project Standards and sponsorship integration in all phases of programming
Qualified interested candidates are requested to submit their (1) Application letter; (2) Updated CV along with at least two references; and (3) Copy of citizenship through email to email@example.com Or can drop their documents at WACT Office no later than 17th October 2022 (5 PM Nepal time).
Only short listed candidates will be notified for selection process through telephone and or email. The selection process will include written test, presentations and interview. Please note that No telephone inquiries will be entertained and any inappropriate recommendation might automatically disqualify the candidate from further processing.
WACT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified potential candidates from Dalit, Janajati, and Muslim community, Persons with Disabilities and Women are encouraged to apply.