SOFTWARE ENGINEER - Data
GrowByData was founded by powerhouses in big data analytics and SaaS, who have leveraged the power of global operations for decades. We help early-to-growth-stage companies use data to improve margins, delight customers, and accelerate revenue growth.
Detailed Job description / requirements:
Are you interested in having your products be used by 1000s of brands globally? Does building a global brand excite you? Does having your solutions be used by the world’s top brand get you up from bed? GrowByData is on a mission to expand its distribution to the world’s retailers and is seeking energetic, creative, and self-driven individuals to join the challenge. We are looking for motivated, and talented individual to join us as Software Engineer to deliver our enterprise platform!
TITLE: SOFTWARE ENGINEER - Data
- Help define, implement, and reinforce data engineering best practices and processes
- Fearlessly work across components, services, and concerns to deliver business value
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address the issues
- Ensure the highest level of commitment for the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code after researching, consulting, analyzing, and evaluating the business needs
- Execute full lifecycle software development providing support in all phases and ensure delivery of fully functional software systems and high-quality products
- Work closely with product architect and/or product owner to define/refine architecture for any new/old product architecture for efficiency and scalability
- Work closely with functional managers to monitor the progress of the tasks and suggest appropriate steps to make sure tasks are delivered as per the estimated timeline.
- Work closely with services and client-support team to integrate your amazing innovations and algorithms to our production systems
- Maintain strict confidentiality of your work
- Mentor the juniors to solve complex problems.
- A cultivated commitment to testing every aspect of the code
- Complete assigned projects in a timely and efficient manner
- Communicate proactively and effectively with team members, leads, management, and clients where necessary
- Assist in creating a friendly, entrepreneurial, and A+ corporate culture in Nepal
- Strong knowledge of version control system (git)
- Experience working in an Agile development process
- Experience in bash scripting, makefile, docker, and Linux ecosystem
- Ability to thrive with a practical/result-oriented approach in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Experience of the AWS data ecosystem (S3, lambda, redshift, aurora, quicksight, athena, etc.)
- Experience with ingesting, processing, and transforming structured or unstructured data at scale
- Strong analytical skills to analyze data, draw conclusions, and generate actionable recommendations
- Proficiency with relational database (MySQL, Postgresql, etc), NoSQL (MongoDB, elasticsearch, etc)
- Proficient understanding of on-premises and cloud implementation distributed computing principles
- Strong knowledge of high-performance scripting in Python, bash, and other common languages used in data science
- Hands-on knowledge of data analysis (pandas, dash, numpy, scipy, pyspark, etc) and data visualization (matplotlib, seaborn, etc)
EDUCATION: B.E – Computer Science, Information Science or related. An equivalent in working experience is also acceptable.
EXPERIENCE: Work experience in Data Engineering over one year will be preferred.
If the challenge excites you, please apply with your CV, your work sample, and 3 reasons why this excited you. Feel free to send your work samples from the industry or otherwise to prove yourself. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered immediately.